Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Re: About AVG AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm on Vista

Re: About AVG AntiVirus and ZoneAlarm on Vista

x@y

"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >I was successfully using the free
version of the AVG antivirus (by
> Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
> (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
> installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
> conversions, but I didn't.
>
> Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
> of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
>
> Thanks, Dave F.

Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32

Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.

Good Luck, x@y

DaveF

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:39:55 -0600, "x@y" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >I was successfully using the free
>version of the AVG antivirus (by
>> Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
>> (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
>> installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
>> conversions, but I didn't.
>>
>> Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
>> of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
>>
>> Thanks, Dave F.

>Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32
>
>Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.
>
>Good Luck, x@y

Without going into details x @ y, I got straightened away today.
Thanks for the help.

DaveF

x@y

"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message > On Mon, 12 Feb 2007
10:39:55 -0600, "x@y" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>>"DaveF" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message >I was successfully using the
>>free
>>version of the AVG antivirus (by
>>> Grisoft) and ZA firewall on XP. I bought a new computer with Vista
>>> (not an upgrade) and neither program works. I maybe should have
>>> installed Vista over the old XP system and let Vista do the necessary
>>> conversions, but I didn't.
>>>
>>> Does anyone have any suggestions on an antivirus and firewall (free
>>> of course!) that will run under this latest Microshit OS?
>>>
>>> Thanks, Dave F.

>>Try here: http://tinyurl.com/yoes32
>>
>>Not sure if there are free ones, I have ya hOOd for compatibility.
>>
>>Good Luck, x@y

> Without going into details x @ y, I got straightened away today.
> Thanks for the help.
>
> DaveF