Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Boot Manager

Windows Boot Manager

Tristan Goe

I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
Everything seems to be working OK.
But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me which
O/S to boot?
My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting down?
at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

meerkat

"Tristan Goe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d0614c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
> Everything seems to be working OK.
> But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me
> which O/S to boot?
> My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
> There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
> I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting
> down? at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

Chris Fishwick

"Tristan Goe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d0614c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
> Everything seems to be working OK.
> But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me
> which O/S to boot?
> My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
> There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
> I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting
> down? at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

You can edit the boot.ini file and change time of the count down! Although I
can't see the point in doing it

See:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022

CRF

John

Right click control panel, Advanced tab, Startup & recovery settings, Edit,
then adjust "Timeout to what you require.

"Tristan Goe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45d0614c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
> Everything seems to be working OK.
> But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me
> which O/S to boot?
> My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
> There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
> I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting
> down? at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

Chris Fishwick

"Chris Fishwick" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Tristan Goe" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45d0614c$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
>> Everything seems to be working OK.
>> But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me
>> which O/S to boot?
>> My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
>> There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
>> I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting
>> down? at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

> You can edit the boot.ini file and change time of the count down! Although
> I can't see the point in doing it
>
> See:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/289022
>
> CRF

Ignore the above crap

CRF

John Holmes

Tristan Goe "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> I have upgraded to Vista home premium from Xp
> Everything seems to be working OK.
> But now on boot up, there seems to be this boot manager, which asks me
> which O/S to boot?
> My old windows, the new vista and the recovery console.
> There is also a countdown timer counting from 25 secs down
> I want my PC to boot up quickly, how can i prevent this timer counting
> down? at the moment i have to press enter on the keyboard everytime!!

www.vistabootpro.org

It's free.

--
You evil-smelling load of fresh moose hairs.