Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook Express removed an "unsafe" attachment --- can I retrieve it?

Outlook Express removed an "unsafe" attachment --- can I retrieve it?

Alan

I know, I know, why the heck am I using Outlook Express in the first
place --- believe me, my next project is going to be switching over to
Thunderbird or something else pretty damn soon.
Anyway, my sister sent me an attachment which was quite safe --- an mp3 file
of an old Coasters song (which, by the way, I had sent to her (via my
Outlook Express) about 3 years ago).
Outlook Express informed me that it had taken it upon itself to remove the
"unsafe attchement". The little paperclip icon for attachments was still
there but, of course, could not be activated for opening or for saving.
Is there any way to retrieve what Outlook snatched?
Thanks for your help.

--

Alan

Otter

In news:zzNzh.6718$(E-Mail Removed) t,
Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> I know, I know, why the heck am I using Outlook Express in the first
> place --- believe me, my next project is going to be switching over to
> Thunderbird or something else pretty damn soon.
> Anyway, my sister sent me an attachment which was quite safe --- an
> mp3 file of an old Coasters song (which, by the way, I had sent to
> her (via my Outlook Express) about 3 years ago).
> Outlook Express informed me that it had taken it upon itself to
> remove the "unsafe attchement". The little paperclip icon for
> attachments was still there but, of course, could not be activated
> for opening or for saving. Is there any way to retrieve what Outlook
> snatched?
> Thanks for your help.

In OE, go to Tools, Options,Security, and untick the box "Do not allow
attachments etc". When you have done that, see if you can now get that
attachment.

Alan

"Otter" wrote

Thanks, Otter ---- that did the trick. I really appreciate your help.

--
Alan

Otter

In news:LZNzh.6719$(E-Mail Removed) t,
Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> "Otter" wrote
>> Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>>> I know, I know, why the heck am I using Outlook Express in the first
>>> place --- believe me, my next project is going to be switching over
>>> to Thunderbird or something else pretty damn soon.
>>> Anyway, my sister sent me an attachment which was quite safe --- an
>>> mp3 file of an old Coasters song (which, by the way, I had sent to
>>> her (via my Outlook Express) about 3 years ago).
>>> Outlook Express informed me that it had taken it upon itself to
>>> remove the "unsafe attchement". The little paperclip icon for
>>> attachments was still there but, of course, could not be activated
>>> for opening or for saving. Is there any way to retrieve what Outlook
>>> snatched?
>>> Thanks for your help.

>> In OE, go to Tools, Options,Security, and untick the box "Do not
>> allow attachments etc". When you have done that, see if you can now
>> get that attachment.

> Thanks, Otter ---- that did the trick. I really appreciate your help.

I will also accept cash, if you press me.

Alan

"Otter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news:LZNzh.6719$(E-Mail Removed) t,
> Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>> "Otter" wrote
>>> Alan <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>>>
>>> In OE, go to Tools, Options,Security, and untick the box "Do not
>>> allow attachments etc". When you have done that, see if you can now
>>> get that attachment.

>> Thanks, Otter ---- that did the trick. I really appreciate your help.

> I will also accept cash, if you press me.

Tell you what --- if your email lets attachments thru, I'll send you the
song ("Shoppin' for Clothes" by the Coasters) (.... "that suit is pure
herring-bone ....")

Mike Easter

Alan wrote:

> the song ("Shoppin' for Clothes" by the Coasters) (.... "that suit
> is pure herring-bone ....")

I hope you have some of the Coasters actual earlier hits, not just that
one. I think that was the lowest single in the charts.

--
Mike Easter

Alan

news:45d10dbd$0$97216$(E-Mail Removed) reenews.net...
> Alan wrote:
>
>> the song ("Shoppin' for Clothes" by the Coasters) (.... "that suit
>> is pure herring-bone ....")

> I hope you have some of the Coasters actual earlier hits, not just that
> one. I think that was the lowest single in the charts.
>
> --
> Mike Easter

You mean like Yakety Yak, Charlie Brown, Along Came Jones, Mother-in-Law,
Poison Ivy, etc? ---- yes, I've got nearly twenty of their recordings.
Lowest seller or not, "Shoppin' for Clothes" is one of my favorites ---
maybe because my family knew a clothing store salesman who talked just like
the guy in their song . . .

--
Alan