Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Why can't I EXPLORE an image using Acronis True Image ver. 8?

Why can't I EXPLORE an image using Acronis True Image ver. 8?

tim@moon.net

Every time I try to explore an image, I get the message, "cannot assign
a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."

I'm using XP Pro w/FAT 32 (SP2 with all the current updates)

The images I'm trying to explore are not in a Secure Zone. They are on
a couple of outboard drives.

In the window to select the image to be explored there is a FAT 32 & a
FAT 16 partition shown.

I have tried assigning drive letters to each partition and it doesn't
work.

I have tried assigning a drive letter to only a single partition and it
doesn't work.

I have been able to do this in the past, but I always had a problem
doing it. It was never as simple as the HELP section makes it seem.

Also, does anyone know of a simpler program to back up an entire C:
drive?

One like the old Drive Image for FAT 16 drives?

That program didn't have all the fancy frills, but it was so simple a
5-year-old could do it, and it worked flawlessly every time. All these
bells and whistles in these new backups like Acronis TI are just too
complicated.

Thank you.

Otter

In news:(E-Mail Removed),
http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> Every time I try to explore an image, I get the message, "cannot
> assign a drive letter to a partition from the image archive."
>
> I'm using XP Pro w/FAT 32 (SP2 with all the current updates)
>
> The images I'm trying to explore are not in a Secure Zone. They are on
> a couple of outboard drives.
>
> In the window to select the image to be explored there is a FAT 32 & a
> FAT 16 partition shown.
>
> I have tried assigning drive letters to each partition and it doesn't
> work.
>
> I have tried assigning a drive letter to only a single partition and
> it doesn't work.
>
> I have been able to do this in the past, but I always had a problem
> doing it. It was never as simple as the HELP section makes it seem.
>
> Also, does anyone know of a simpler program to back up an entire C:
> drive?
>
> One like the old Drive Image for FAT 16 drives?
>
> That program didn't have all the fancy frills, but it was so simple a
> 5-year-old could do it, and it worked flawlessly every time. All these
> bells and whistles in these new backups like Acronis TI are just too
> complicated.
>
> Thank you.

Seen this? - http://selfimage.excelcia.org/ .

Maximum Hag

Utter wrote:

<plank>

Clogwog

Maximum Hag wrote:
> Utter wrote:
>
> <plank> <BITCHSLAP @ BUHane tard>

*PLOIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINK*

Maximum Hag

Use DrainClogHagHo wrote:

<snipped>

nothing worth reading

<hag>

Clogwog

Maximum *Hog* *Ho* wrote:
> Use DrainClogHagHo wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> nothing worth reading
>
> <hag>

<hog>
http://www.fiberstock.com/images/products/hogGreyQ.jpg

ronald ullman

"Clogwog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Maximum *Hog* *Ho* wrote:
> > Use DrainClogHagHo wrote:
> >
> > <snipped>
> >
> > nothing worth reading
> >
> > <hag>

> <hog>
> http://www.fiberstock.com/images/products/hogGreyQ.jpg

ronald ullman

"Clogwog" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). nl...
> Maximum *Hog* *Ho* wrote:
> > Use DrainClogHagHo wrote:
> >
> > <snipped>
> >
> > nothing worth reading
> >
> > <hag>

> <hog>
> http://www.fiberstock.com/images/products/hogGreyQ.jpg

Maximum Hag

ToxicClogHag running from the EPA wrote:

<snipped>

You're boring ToxicClogHag go home.

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ICL/ICL151/SKC_042.jpg

<hag>

Dr. Bill

Maximum Hog Ho wrote:
> ToxicClogHag running from the EPA wrote:
>
> <snipped>
>
> You're boring ToxicClogHag go home.

Make me!

> http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/ICL/ICL151/SKC_042.jpg