Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > DVD not being recognised

DVD not being recognised

Ken Doughty

I have a 1 year old Panasonic DVD burner (DMR-ES15EB/EBL) linked to my
SKY+ box.

When I burn a -R DVD disk it is readable on every reader I have, but
when I burn a -RW disk (finalised) under the same circumstances it is
readable in all my readers except the 2 built into my PC which are:

1) Matshita DVD RAM LF-D310
2) Philips DVDR 164P
Both these units read all commercial DVDs.
I have checked that both have up to date drivers.

Do I need a codec, a driver or some software? Thanks.
--
Ken

Meat Plow

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 10:49:46 +0000, Ken Doughty Has Frothed:

> I have a 1 year old Panasonic DVD burner (DMR-ES15EB/EBL) linked to my
> SKY+ box.
>
> When I burn a -R DVD disk it is readable on every reader I have, but
> when I burn a -RW disk (finalised) under the same circumstances it is
> readable in all my readers except the 2 built into my PC which are:
>
> 1) Matshita DVD RAM LF-D310
> 2) Philips DVDR 164P
> Both these units read all commercial DVDs.
> I have checked that both have up to date drivers.
>
> Do I need a codec, a driver or some software? Thanks.

No.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:40:48 +0000, Filthy Slag Has Frothed:

> You Meat head and the Brit fraudster who claims to be an aussie
> have both got it wrong you pair of thicko twats.
> A finalised disk is now a DVD/CD.
> Compatibility with drive of DVD+/- R/RW or DVD-/+R/RW is only
> relevent when burning.

Some drives won't read CDRW media regardless if it has been finalized.

What's your solution to the OP's problem then?

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow

On Fri, 09 Feb 2007 15:57:27 +0000, Ken Doughty Has Frothed:

> Pierre Salinger
> Thank you also for your response - I will follow up the detailed specs
> of the 2 readers - it might be easier to buy a cheap Panasonic dvd
> reader for my PC
>
> Ken

For me it appeared that your devices may be fairly aged and just not
comaptable with the media. I could be wrong, it happens. Do you have a
friend that has a newer device you could try the media in question in?

COOSN-266-06-25794