Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Quad core?

Quad core?

pel

Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
there at the moment?

mike

Smoker

"pel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45cb93cd$0$8730$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
> there at the moment?

They are the fastest when you are doing four things at the same time.

Fat Ass Fred

On Thu, 8 Feb 2007 22:07:08 -0500, "Smoker" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>"pel" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:45cb93cd$0$8730$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Can someone tell me are the Quad core processors the fastest processor out
>> there at the moment?
>>

>They are the fastest when you are doing four things at the same time.

I kinda hate the wording some people use in regards to multi-tasking
on CPU's... Eg. You say their fastest when your doing 4 things at
the same time..... In Windows '95 and higher, your almost allways
doing at least 4 things at 1 time. You've got interrupt timers
running in the background, System API's interfacing with hardware,
application running, and Outputting buffers to the screen, now weather
windows will use all 4 parts of the CPU at the same time is a whole
different question.... Kinda like asking a person if they like
driving 120mph, then asking them do the roads from your house to your
work site support driving 120mph and are the cops hiding out near the
roads you travel.... Sure, you may like driving 120mph, but if you
have to take a dirt road with hair-pin turns on a rainy day, unless
you drive a General Sherman tank to work, you might not want to try
driving 120mph to work....