Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > IE7 - Cannot Change Home Page

IE7 - Cannot Change Home Page

Jayne Beaumont

Hi all,

this problem is really getting on my nerves.

I want to change my home page but when I go into Tools->Internet Options,
the buttons 'Use current', 'Use default' and 'Use blank' are all greyed out
and there is a message at the bottom of the tab saying "Some settings are
managed by your system administrator."

I have looked all over the internet and have tried many things to resolve
this including:

I have un-installed IE7 and re-installed it, no joy.
I have run Spybot which detected a few problems and fixed them, no joy.
Looking in the registry as per suggestions I have found on the internet, no
joy.

This is bugging me so much.

Please can anyone help?

Thanks
JB

squaddie

"Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:TdMyh.256155$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
> Hi all,
>
> this problem is really getting on my nerves.
>
> I want to change my home page but when I go into Tools->Internet Options,
> the buttons 'Use current', 'Use default' and 'Use blank' are all greyed
> out and there is a message at the bottom of the tab saying "Some settings
> are managed by your system administrator."
>
> I have looked all over the internet and have tried many things to resolve
> this including:
>
> I have un-installed IE7 and re-installed it, no joy.
> I have run Spybot which detected a few problems and fixed them, no joy.
> Looking in the registry as per suggestions I have found on the internet,
> no joy.

"Some settings are managed by your system administrator."

Log in as Administrator, when you start up your machine.
Not as a user.

Jayne Beaumont

I am logged in as administrator.

"squaddie" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:ymMyh.7634$(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Jayne Beaumont" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:TdMyh.256155$(E-Mail Removed) o.uk...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> this problem is really getting on my nerves.
>>
>> I want to change my home page but when I go into Tools->Internet Options,
>> the buttons 'Use current', 'Use default' and 'Use blank' are all greyed
>> out and there is a message at the bottom of the tab saying "Some settings
>> are managed by your system administrator."
>>
>> I have looked all over the internet and have tried many things to resolve
>> this including:
>>
>> I have un-installed IE7 and re-installed it, no joy.
>> I have run Spybot which detected a few problems and fixed them, no joy.
>> Looking in the registry as per suggestions I have found on the internet,
>> no joy.
>>

> "Some settings are managed by your system administrator."
>
> Log in as Administrator, when you start up your machine.
> Not as a user.

West Alarm

On Thu, 08 Feb 2007 22:02:35 GMT, "Jayne Beaumont"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've set up another admin account, logged in with it and was able to change
>home page.
>
>Does this mean I need to delete my old admin account and use the new one?

Make sure you "take ownership" of the old account's files before you
do.

pcbutts1

Use my Home Page reset utility it should work.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/homepgreset.zip