Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Desktop shortcut open maximized

Desktop shortcut open maximized

Robin

I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
will open maximized?
Thanks
Robin

Robin

Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
>will open maximized?
> Thanks
> Robin

why?

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:04:49 -0500, Robin wrote:

>Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

Usually not if it's a shortcut to just the URL.

Are you going to keep the browser uou are using a secret?

>"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
>>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
>>will open maximized?

Me

Bucky Breeder

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
> the page will open maximized?
> Thanks
> Robin

To IE?

The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;

Launch the IE window.
Maximize the IE Window.
(Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
Ctrl + Close the IE window.

Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.

I think you should note that the "control" is not
applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.

--

A nice technique to keep a mob of peasants from killing your monster
is when they break into your castle; make them be real quiet: "Shhhhh!"

Robin

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 12:04:49 -0500, Robin wrote:
>
>>Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't work.

> Usually not if it's a shortcut to just the URL.
>
> Are you going to keep the browser uou are using a secret?

LOL...sorry...IE6
>>"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed) m...
>>>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
>>>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the
>>>page
>>>will open maximized?

> Me

Robin

"Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>
>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
>> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
>> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
>> the page will open maximized?
>> Thanks
>> Robin

> To IE?

Yes

> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
>
> Launch the IE window.
> Maximize the IE Window.
> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
>
> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
>
> I think you should note that the "control" is not
> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.

Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just a
shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this and see
if it works.

Bucky Breeder

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> "Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
>>> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
>>> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
>>> the page will open maximized?
>>> Thanks
>>> Robin

>> To IE?

> Yes
>>
>> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
>>
>> Launch the IE window.
>> Maximize the IE Window.
>> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
>> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
>>
>> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
>>
>> I think you should note that the "control" is not
>> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
>> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
>> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
>> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.
>>

> Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just a
> shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this and
> see if it works.

Whoops! I didn't see "why?"'s post when I responded,
or I probably would not have posted...

Darned Astra-timing! I must be on their "list" because
of all those complaints I've been getting lately. LOL!

--

A nice technique to keep a mob of peasants from killing your monster
is when they break into your castle; make them be real quiet: "Shhhhh!"
Then tiptoe over and open the door... There's the monster, sound asleep.

Name

"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
>will open maximized?
> Thanks
> Robin

****Try right clicking on the shortcut, then regular click on Properties.
Look for Run and change to Maximized. Click Apply and OK.

John Holmes

Robin "contributed" in 24hoursupport.helpdesk:

> "Bucky Breeder" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:Xns98D07CE47781EWeeZurD@216.151.153.14...
>> "Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:(E-Mail Removed):
>>>
>>> I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage.
>>> When it opens it is not maximized. How do I
>>> fix it where when I double click on the icon,
>>> the page will open maximized?
>>> Thanks
>>> Robin

>> To IE?

> Yes
>>
>> The Ctrl key... It's always th=at darn Ctrl key. (o;
>>
>> Launch the IE window.
>> Maximize the IE Window.
>> (Or sometimes, Ctrl + Maximize)
>> Ctrl + Close the IE window.
>>
>> Now, when you re-launch, it should be maximized.
>>
>> I think you should note that the "control" is not
>> applied to the desktop shortcut, but rather to IE.
>> IOW, now, anytime you launch IE, it should be maximized
>> until you resize (or sometimes Ctrl + resize) then
>> Ctrl + close, which should fix the size IE opens.
>>

> Thanks. I will give it a try. "Why?" said that usually if it is just
> a shortcut to a URL then it won't open maximized. But I will try this
> and see if it works.

Ignore the ***** who replied so far. Instead, right click the desktop or
whatever folder, choose new, click browse, point to c:\program files
\internet explorer\iexplore.exe and apply/save. Then, right click the new
shortcut and add a space and www.google.com (or whatever webpage you
want) right after the "c:\program files\internet explorer\iexplore.exe"
command line. The shortcut will be named iexplore.exe but you can rename
it to your needs. Just tested it, it works.

--
You preposterous gathering of fusty gerbil droppings.

why?

On Wed, 7 Feb 2007 13:45:28 -0500, Name wrote:

>"Robin" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
>>I have a shortcut on my desktop to a webpage. When it opens it is not
>>maximized. How do I fix it where when I double click on the icon, the page
>>will open maximized?
>> Thanks
>> Robin
>>

>****Try right clicking on the shortcut, then regular click on Properties.
>Look for Run and change to Maximized. Click Apply and OK.

See OPs 2nd post,
"Oh, and there is no "Run" on the "properties" window, so that won't
work."

A http:// shortcuct doesn't have the same property tabs.

If the OP changed it to something like

browser.exe <switch> url , that has a Run property.

Me