Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Tech Support

Tech Support

What's in a Name?

Dear Tech Support:

Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed
that
The new program began unexpected child processing that took up a lot of
Space and valuable resources.

In addition, Wife 1.0 installed itself into all other programs and now
Monitors all other system activities, such as Poker Night 10.3, Football
5.0, Going To The Pub 7.5, and Softball 3.6.

I can't seem to keep Wife 1.0 in the background while attempting to run
my
other favourite applications. I'm thinking about going back to
Girlfriend 7.0,
but the uninstall doesn't work on Wife 1.0.

Please help!

Thanks, Troubled User.....

_____________________

REPLY: Dear Troubled User:

This is a very common problem that men often complain about.

Many people upgrade from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0, thinking that it is
Just a Utilities and Entertainment program. Wife 1.0 is an OPERATING
SYSTEM and is designed by its Creator to run EVERYTHING!!!

It is also impossible to delete Wife 1.0 and to return to Girlfriend 7.0
It is impossible to uninstall, or purge, the program files from the
system
Once installed.

You cannot go back to Girlfriend 7.0 because Wife 1.0 is designed to not
Allow this. Look in your Wife 1.0 manual under Warnings: Alimony-Child
Support. I recommend that you keep Wife 1.0 and work on improving the
Situation. I suggest installing the background application Yes Dear 2.7
Alleviate your program problems.

The best course of action is to enter the command C:\APOLOGIZE! Because
Ultimately you will have to give the APOLOGIZE command before the system
Will return to normal anyway.

Wife 1.0 is a great program, but it tends to be very high maintenance!
Wife 1.0 does come with several support programs,
Such as Clean and Sweep 3.0, Cook It 1.5, and Do Bills 4.2.

However, be very careful how you use these programs. Improper use will
Cause the system to launch the program Nag Nag 9.5. Once this happens,
The only way to improve the performance of Wife 1.0 is to purchase
additional
Software. I recommend Flowers 2.1 and Diamonds 5.0

WARNING!!! DO NOT, under any circumstances, install Secretary With Short
Skirt 3.3. This application is not supported by Wife 1.0 and will cause
Irreversible damage to the operating system!

Best of luck,
TECH SUPPORT

--
Playing Nice on Usenet:
My Pages:

Old Gringo

FUN Thanks for sharing. <g>
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Vanguard

"What's in a Name?" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dear Tech Support:
>
> Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed
> that

<snip - old old joke>

You couldn't come up with something original? You had to post the same
joke that must be about 5 years old now? BORING.

scarie

What's in a Name? wrote:
<<snip>>
> ************************************************** **********
>
> I thought you could "give ****" now that you got rid of that which
> could allow you to be the ****er.
>
> <dance>
> <dip>
>
> max

Hi Max
you're running rings around KM and that amounts to abusing
the mentally crippled. He is just a short loner who stalks
usenet and his cyber lover has abandoned him.
Posting his opinion to usenet is all KM has in life and you
Max should try to be understanding, and show some love and
kindness to the sad lonely midget KM.

Walter Mautner

Heard K-Mans last maggots crunching from 6-feet under, with help of a
stetoscope deciphering the morse code

> Midget? WTF?

Shut up. After all, finally just STFU. You forgot, you are already dead.

ellis_jay

What's in a Name? wrote:
> Dear Tech Support:
>
> Last year I upgraded from Girlfriend 7.0 to Wife 1.0. I soon noticed
> that

lol

--

When people are engaged in something they are not proud of, they do
not welcome witnesses. In fact, they come to believe the witness causes

Ellis_Jay

Demon Lord of Confusion

On Tue, 06 Feb 2007 22:52:13 +0100, Walter Mautner attempted to confuse
the issue further by squeaking:
> Heard K-Mans last maggots crunching from 6-feet under, with help of a
> stetoscope deciphering the morse code
>
>> Midget? WTF?

> Shut up. After all, finally just STFU. You forgot, you are already dead.

Meanwhile, you're aiming for net.death.

Hail Eris! mhm 29x21; TM#5; COOSN-029-06-71069
The God of Odd Statements, the Ugliest Pig****er In The Universe
Stupidity Takes Its Toll. Please Have Exact Change.

VOTE! Usenet Kook Awards, January 2007
MID: <Xns98CAEEA8929Fpinkusenseinetcabalc@204.153.244.1 70>

"You're like some kind of rabid attack-gerbil." -- Lionel Lauer to Joxer
in MID: <(E-Mail Removed)>

"I say you are out of your ****ing mind." -- Ying Guo, posting as
"SameAsB4" <(E-Mail Removed)>, tells PorchMonkey4Life, posting
as the same nick but a slightly different morph, the score, in MID:
<(E-Mail Removed)>

"in the holy spirit i know you would satisfy every single person in a
room if you were the only person present." -- ~tanya, to Crazy Andy II,
in MID: <(E-Mail Removed). com>

If you never read anything else in any of my sigs, read this:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15321167/
http://borealin.livejournal.com/15104.html
Or watch it here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqxmPjB0WSs
Then, if you manage to read/watch all that, try this:
http://www.newamericancentury.org/Re...asDefenses.pdf
And Molly Ivins had a few choice words to say about it, weeks before:
http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/092906B.shtml
Here's Chris Floyd: Fatal Vision: The Deeper Evil Behind the Detainee
Bill: http://www.truthout.org/docs_2006/100206A.shtml

"Q: What's the difference between the Vietnam War and the Iraq War?
A: George W. Bush had a plan to get out of the Vietnam War." -- Anon.

Thread where outing begins: http://tinyurl.com/hojf8
George Pickett Memorial Trophy, Special Ops Cody Memorial Purple Heart,
and the Order of the Holey Sockpuppet winner <(E-Mail Removed)> on
outing personal contact info in x-poasted subject lines:
"Plenty of people post under their real names and do not attempt to hide
their contact info. You are scared of being 'outed' because you are a
pathological abuser of usenet, and people rightly despise you for it.
You're afraid of being reported to the authorities or, better, visited
by a couple of guys with baseball bats. Other people don't have this
obsessive fear. Ward Hardman himself has posted plenty of personal
information - nothing that anyone else added was hidden in any way.
You're so ****ing scared you've built up this whole sick mythology about
different categories of bad dudes who 'out' scum like you.

"Meanwhile you are the ugliest pig****er in the universe. You are the
coward without ethics. You call me a 'newbie' - ha! what an asshole you
are. Those who want to remain anonymous do so. There is absolutely no
way you could identify me, not unless you had the sort of subpoena power
that only gets turned on for big-time terrorists. That's because I chose
to be anonymous. Some people don't. Only really stupid dicks like you
choose the sort of semi-anonymity which leaves you in constant fear.

"What a dickless wonder you are 'Snarky' you fat asshole."
-- in MID: <(E-Mail Removed). com>

"I am the only one who has outer filthed Ward" -- James C. "Crackhead"
Cracked voluntarily self-immolates, in MID:
(E-Mail Removed) om

"When I told Abbie Hoffman that he was the first one who made me laugh
since Lenny Bruce died, Hoffman said, "Really? He was my god." The
combination of satirical irreverence and sense of justice that Bruce and
Hoffman shared was the real spirit behind the Yippies--a term I coined
to describe a phenomenon that already existed: an organic coalition of
stoned hippies and political activists who engaged in such actions as
throwing money on the floor of the New York Stock Exchange, then
explaining to reporters the meaning of that symbolism. Folksinger Phil
Ochs summed it up: "A demonstration should turn you on, not turn you
off." So when journalists link the Yippies with misleading bedfellows,
at best it's careless shorthand; at worst it's deliberate demonization.
Osama bin Laden wanted an aircraft to crash into the Pentagon. Abbie
Hoffman merely wanted to levitate it." -- Paul Krassner,
http://tinyurl.com/ehu3v

[OT] Offshore tech support T-Bone MCSE 4 09-27-2004 02:40 PM
Russian PC Support Tech: HEAR ME ROAR Wilhelm Scjlezieky MCSE 23 07-27-2004 06:08 PM
OT: Dell cancels India tech support? Freddy MCSE 8 11-26-2003 08:25 PM
OT: My local ISP Tech support - incompetence at it's very best S. O'Brien MCSE 1 11-03-2003 06:26 PM

Advertisments