Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?

I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?

Heidi Manway

x-no-archive:yes

I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?

How do I do this?

Thanks,

Heidi

Otter

In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
Heidi Manway <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> x-no-archive:yes
>
> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
>
> How do I do this?

Any idea how big that email might be?

Meat Plow

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

> In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
> Heidi Manway <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>> x-no-archive:yes
>>
>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
>>
>> How do I do this?

> Any idea how big that email might be?

A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Otter

In news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local,
Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:
>
>> In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
>> Heidi Manway <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>>> x-no-archive:yes
>>>
>>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in
>>> Email?
>>>
>>> How do I do this?

>> Any idea how big that email might be?

> A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

Is that what she's using?

Evan Platt

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.

Wouldn't recommend e-mailing them.

WhzzKdd

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>> A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

> I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.
>
> Wouldn't recommend e-mailing them.

Heh - agreed. In fact, I recently had one that I printed to PDF instead.
Acrobat can run slideshows too, but the file size was reduced by over 75%.

Kheehua Hung

Heidi Manway wrote:
> On Feb 3, 3:28 am, "Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>> Heidi Manway wrote:
>>> I want to send a Slideshow of Pictures With Background Music in Email?
>>> How do I do this?

>> It would depend on the capabilities of your recipient to play what you
>> send.
>>
>> If you were going to send a powerpoint presentation, your recipient
>> would have to have the capabilities of playing .pps files, which means
>> that you would have to know the recipient's configuration or give a set
>> of instructions for downloading a powerpoint player and using it.
>>
>> If you are going to give a set of instructions for downloading and
>> using, you could also give a set of instructions for using IrfanView's
>> slideshow function which has the capabilities of using mp3 background
>> music as well as being able to create a standalone .exe or .scr file for
>> you to send to the recipient
>>
>> Alternatively, you could avoid the emailing function of the large
>> multimedia files and email a link to a file transfer system as well as
>> emailing the above instructions.
>>
>> And you are still accessing this newsgroup by using/abusing a known
>> abused proxy which is listed in multiple spam blocklist databases for
>> hitting spamtraps and looking like a proxy/trojan, specifically CBL and
>> associated lists such as SBL-XBL & DNSBL.NET.AU.
>>
>> http://www.dnsstuff.com/tools/ip4r.ch?ip=64.20.38.74
>>
>> --
>> Mike Easter

> I think the best alternative way to do a slideshow of still pictures
> with background music or even no music would some sort of website and
> password to link too and place that in the email?
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks
>

> Heidi

Good idea. I have used Mozilla suite Composer to create presentations
and it fit into 1 floppy diskette. (Html files are small, midi files are
small)

And best of all, most computer have a web browser to view it.

Hung

Meat Plow

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 18:20:54 -0800, Evan Platt Has Frothed:

> On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 20:54:53 -0500, Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>
>>A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

> I've seen 7 meg powerpoints.

I've seen 15 megs powerpoints, I've seen 1 meg powerpoints, what the ****
is your point? That there are larger powerpoints than a couple megs?

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow

On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 13:00:04 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:

> In news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local,
> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
>> On Sat, 03 Feb 2007 11:28:54 +1100, Otter Has Frothed:
>>
>>> In news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com,
>>> Heidi Manway <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

>>> Any idea how big that email might be?

>> A couple megs or less using M$ Powerpoint.

> Is that what she's using?

She didn't say. I took it as she wanted a suggestion to make the slide
show as well as email it.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Mike Easter