Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?

How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?

Heidi Manway

x-no-archive:yes
How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?

I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?

Regards,

Heidi

Smirnoff

Heidi Manway wrote:
> x-no-archive:yes
> How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
>

> I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
> restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?
>
> Regards,
>
> Heidi

Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore>Create A Restore
Point

why?

On 2 Feb 2007 02:35:11 -0800, Heidi Manway wrote:

>x-no-archive:yes
>How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
>

>I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
>restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?
>
>Regards,
>
>Heidi

The instructions are supplied with Win XP,

Start | Help and Support

Search for
Create restore point

Me

Ron Martell

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>x-no-archive:yes
>How do I create a Restore Point?before Installing New Software?
>

>I have been using Windows XP Professional and I want to create a
>restore point before installing new software as a safeguard?

Most modern applications will create a restore point automatically as
part of the install process.

To create a manual restore point use Accessories - System Tools -
System Restore.

For more information about System Restore see MVP Bert Kinney's System
Restore pages: http://bertk.mvps.org/index.html

Good luck

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--