Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Programming > Java > Error with java programs after installing apache tomcat

Error with java programs after installing apache tomcat

Evrim

Hello everybody

I am using Win XP , JDK 6 . The environment variables are set as : PATH
:C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin and CLASSPATH : . (Dot).

I have recently installed tomcat 6 - I used the Windows Service installer -
apache.tomcat.6.0.10.exe . I have not added any environment variables after
installing tomcat, as I tested http://localhost:8080 and I got the tomcat
welcome page.

Now I face problem whenever I want to run any java programs, I get error
message :

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
Tutorial05 (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

Before installing tomcat I did not have any problems running my java
programs.

Please help me....

Thank you so much .

Chris Uppal

Evrim wrote:

> I am using Win XP , JDK 6 . The environment variables are set as :
> PATH
> > C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin and CLASSPATH : . (Dot).

> Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError:
> Tutorial05 (Unsupported major.minor version 50.0)

The problem is that Tomcat isn't being run in the 1.6 JVM, but you are asking
it to load classfiles compiled with a 1.6 JDK.

I don't know anything much about running Tomcat as a service, but I'd guess
that the %Path% you've set is wrong, or that it's not being picked by the
"user" who the service runs as (remember that Windows has two %Path%s), or that
there are some missing startup options to the Tomcat service.

Maybe it's because:
C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin
which looks wrong, shouldn't it be:
C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\bin
?

-- chris

Lew

Chris Uppal wrote:
> Maybe it's because:
> C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\bin
> which looks wrong, shouldn't it be:
> C:\ProgramFiles\Java\jdk1.6.0\jre\bin
> ?

There are Java executables in the JDK bin also.

-- Lew