Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > Thinking of Buying MCSE

Thinking of Buying MCSE

Thinking of Buying MCSE

Hello from Montana,

I am thinking of buying the MCSE straight from Microsoft
without having to pass any of the lower level O/S exams.

I want to go straight into Exchange security and
infrastructure design.

I have been using computers since 1993 and have experience
with printers and disk drives mostly. I install Office
apps too but never really used them all that much except
for resume and spreadsheet equations.

What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
my MCSE? What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
sound good even though I have no real world experience?

I know this is overwhelming amount of questions but i
assure you good karma if you can gimme any hints.

Thanks,

Walter

Brat

hahahaha BUY your MCSE without taking ANY exams? Surely you jest... go
ahead and try... I am sure the folks at MS need a good laugh too... and find
a book store soon...

"Thinking of Buying MCSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:00ec01c3cbf3$23b805e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Hello from Montana,
>
> I am thinking of buying the MCSE straight from Microsoft
> without having to pass any of the lower level O/S exams.
>
> I want to go straight into Exchange security and
> infrastructure design.
>
> I have been using computers since 1993 and have experience
> with printers and disk drives mostly. I install Office
> apps too but never really used them all that much except
> for resume and spreadsheet equations.
>
> What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
> my MCSE? What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
> sound good even though I have no real world experience?
>
> I know this is overwhelming amount of questions but i
> assure you good karma if you can gimme any hints.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Walter

Kline Sphere

>What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
>my MCSE?

It will never happen, so the question has no meaning.

> What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
>sound good even though I have no real world experience?

You can put on your resume that you are a complete idiot, and hope
someone takes pity on you. Although I can't see that happening, after
all Christmas only comes around once a year.

Plain Jane@nospam.com

Walter:

You can reasonably demand at least $125K a year with your
qualification and experience! So go ahead and buy your
MCSE. Btw, I also believe in Santa Claus!

Plainly Speaking,
Jane

Kline Sphere

>You can reasonably demand at least $125K a year with your
>qualification and experience!

Had Christmas dinner with Elvis this year, he's not so sure he would
make $125K.

How do you suppose you are going to do that? Bribe
Microsoft? I'm sure they aren't hurting for money right
now. Nice try.

Consultant

perhaps you will be better off chasing the sheep, since you are in montana

"Brat" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bsi85l$c7$(E-Mail Removed)...
> hahahaha BUY your MCSE without taking ANY exams? Surely you jest... go
> ahead and try... I am sure the folks at MS need a good laugh too... and

find
> a book store soon...
>
> "Thinking of Buying MCSE" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:00ec01c3cbf3$23b805e0$(E-Mail Removed)...
> > Hello from Montana,
> >
> > I am thinking of buying the MCSE straight from Microsoft
> > without having to pass any of the lower level O/S exams.
> >
> > I want to go straight into Exchange security and
> > infrastructure design.
> >
> > I have been using computers since 1993 and have experience
> > with printers and disk drives mostly. I install Office
> > apps too but never really used them all that much except
> > for resume and spreadsheet equations.
> >
> > What kind of salary should I expect to receive once I get
> > my MCSE? What kinds of things can i put on my resume that
> > sound good even though I have no real world experience?
> >
> > I know this is overwhelming amount of questions but i
> > assure you good karma if you can gimme any hints.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Walter

=?Utf-8?B?TWVnYTI0?=

In order to obtain your MCSE, you must pass the required exams. There is a great deal of study involved and this will take a bit of time. There is no effective shortcut to certification. If you cram for the exams in a boot camp type atmosphere, or just study your brains out for a month or two, you may pass the exams, but the real test will be when you are hired (which appears to be your goal). Without a real understanding of systems engineering/administration you will be in over your head and your lack of knowledge and experience will be obvious ot the employer. When an employer actively seeks and hires someone who possesses an MCSE, they need someone who is highly skilled, technically proficient and experienced. The tests administered by Microsoft that are required to obtain MCSE certification are designed to test for this. In fact, tests are regularly changed, updated and retired in order to ensure that the skills being tested for are relevant to current technology

The good news is you CAN get your MCSE. I would suggest you start with one of the core exams. There are many books available at your local bookstore to help you out. I prefer Sybex, but there are dozens available. You will need a copy of Windows 2000 Server and Professional. Many books come with a 120 day eval version of Windows 2000 (server or professional) to help you get hands on experience with the product as you study

As far as your career in the field, you should look for an entry level help desk or deployment team position where they provide training for you to learn your job. You should view a job like this as an opportunity to gain real world experience. A position like this will also serve as the beginning of your resume.

Good Luck...

Well Wisher

Hello Walter,

This was a nice joke if u were kidding But if were serious
even for a moment about it I can just Pity you. You need
to earn it with hardwork and Experience you have put in
earning it !!! Well for u I would suggest Either wake up
of u'r dreams else purchase some lottery / lotto tickets
as earning degree for u just means money !!!

Good Bye !!!

Prashant