Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Vista help needed

Vista help needed

Zygon Curry

Hi

I've just installed Vista and I have a few questions that I need some
help with. If anyone knows the answers to the questions below then
it'll be much appreciated. Thanks.

1) How do turn off Vista's built-in support for Zip Folders? I'd
rather have the Zip files remain as as files rather then folders. You
could so it with XP via a registry edit. Anyone know what the Vista
equivalent is?

2) Are there are tweaking tools available for Vista yet? e.g. like
TweakUI or Winboost?

3) How can I hide Drives in Vista? I have one partition which I keep
hidden in XP for important files. I'm sure I did that with a tweaking
tool of some sort.

4) When any of the DVD Drives are clicked on in Windows Explorer the
drive's tray instantly ejects and doesn't close until it's closed
manually. Is there a way to disable it from opening when clicked on?

elaich

Zygon Curry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> I've just installed Vista

Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

--
A: Because it disturbs the logical flow of the message.
Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Zygon Curry

On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

Zygon Curry

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 10:36:38 GMT, Demon Lord of Confusion
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Hey, nice to see a familiar nym in here! Hey, Zygon, is Yads still
>posting nigh-incomprehensible one-liners?

As far as I know he still is. It's been a while since I was last in
that newsgroup!

Moderator

Zygon Curry <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>> Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

> If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

Who the **** died and made you the boss, you ****?

Bert Hyman

In news:(E-Mail Removed) Zygon Curry
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

> 1) How do turn off Vista's built-in support for Zip Folders? I'd
> rather have the Zip files remain as as files rather then folders. You
> could so it with XP via a registry edit. Anyone know what the Vista
> equivalent is?

XP didn't require a registry edit, you just unregistered ZIPFLDR.DLL:

regsvr32 /u zipfldr.dll

Never having seen Vista, I have no idea if that still does anything
useful.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN (E-Mail Removed)

William Poaster

On Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:12:40 +0000, Zygon Curry wrote:

> On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

> If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

Oh, a group moderator!

<PLONK>

--
M$ Windows - the greatest computer
virus ever written.

Blinky the Shark

Zygon Curry wrote:
> On 28 Jan 2007 08:42:11 GMT, elaich <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>

>>Then you just proved yourself an idiot.

> If you can't post anything usefu and civilised then don't post.

I just checked my usefu and it's not too strong today. My Googlefu is
looking pretty good, though. Ommmmmmm......

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups