Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Anti-Spyware Rival Slams Microsoft's Windows Defender, Vista

Anti-Spyware Rival Slams Microsoft's Windows Defender, Vista

Au79

Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
that are roaming around the Internet.

By Gregg Keizer
InformationWeek

Jan 25, 2007 02:41 PM

A Microsoft security rival on Thursday blasted the anti-spyware technology
that the Redmond, Wash., developer will include with Windows Vista as
"ineffective," "slow," and "weak."

http://www.informationweek.com/showA...leID=197000593
http://rixstep.com/1/20040719,00.shtml
http://free.thelinuxstore.ca/

Leythos

In article <NTAuh.123302$(E-Mail Removed)>, http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
> that are roaming around the Internet.

The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
them.

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

Ron Martell

Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>In article <NTAuh.123302$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>> Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
>> that are roaming around the Internet.

>The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
>that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
>them.

Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
time that Microsoft acquired it.

Ron Martell Duncan B.C. Canada
--
Microsoft MVP (1997 - 2006)
On-Line Help Computer Service

has never been in bed with a mosquito."

Blinky the Shark

Ron Martell wrote:
> Leythos <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>In article <NTAuh.123302$(E-Mail Removed)>, (E-Mail Removed) says...
>>> Webroot says Windows Defender fails to block many of the security threats
>>> that are roaming around the Internet.

>>The funny thing is that if MS made a anti-virus and anti-malware product
>>that worked perfectly, they would be complaining that MS was screwing
>>them.

> Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
> evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
> time that Microsoft acquired it.

MS has had plenty of time to screw it up. Yes, I note that you only
claimed it was good *when they got it*; I'm just amplifying that
qualification.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>,
(E-Mail Removed) says...
> Actually Giant Antispyware, which is what Microsoft purchased and
> evolved into Windows Defender, was one of the better products at the
> time that Microsoft acquired it.

Actually, it doesn't make any difference as it's not close to what can
be done properly with a firewall and most of the big 5 AV products.