Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Wanted a wireless router that will transfer pictures to Ebay

Wanted a wireless router that will transfer pictures to Ebay

David

I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
listings.
Anyone ealse useing Ebay with a wireless router and getting it to handle
pictures?
Please advise me of make/model.
(PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Mike Easter

David wrote:
> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
> listings.

I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.

> (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)

That's a start.

--
Mike Easter

WhzzKdd

Mike Easter wrote:
> David wrote:
>> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
>> listings.

> I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.

Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
problem is probably not the hardware.

David

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:kLsuh.136$9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> David wrote:
>>> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
>>> listings.

>> I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.
>>

> Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
> problem is probably not the hardware.

Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
Regards
David

SJP

news:Opsuh.2509$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
> listings.
> Anyone ealse useing Ebay with a wireless router and getting it to handle
> pictures?
> Please advise me of make/model.
> (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)

What is the exaxt model router you are using?

WhzzKdd

David wrote:
> "WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:kLsuh.136$9%(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Mike Easter wrote:
>>>
>>> I don't think you've done your troubleshooting properly.
>>>

>> Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
>> problem is probably not the hardware.
>>

> Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
> Regards
> David

Well, really they are. They are telling you that there's not much sense in
replacing your current router, but that your time and effort would be better
spent finding out what the REAL problem is.

David

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bTsuh.139$9%(E-Mail Removed)...
> David wrote:
>> "WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:kLsuh.136$9%(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Yup - my wireless D-Link allows me to put pics on eBay just fine. His
>>> problem is probably not the hardware.
>>>

>> Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
>> Regards
>> David

> Well, really they are. They are telling you that there's not much sense in
> replacing your current router, but that your time and effort would be
> better spent finding out what the REAL problem is.

Any ides then? The NG has the word Helpdesk in it.
This router will not handle payments in my internet bank a/c unless the
default setting of MTU is reduced from 1432, but it reverts back to this
each switch on, so it is a pain allready for that.
Regards
David

David

"SJP" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:Opsuh.2509$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> I've got a D-Link wireless router will not tranfer pictures to Ebay
>> listings.
>> Anyone ealse useing Ebay with a wireless router and getting it to handle
>> pictures?
>> Please advise me of make/model.
>> (PS Pictures will transfer via by normal broadband modem.)
>>

> What is the exaxt model router you are using?

DSL-924 Kit
C/w DSL-G624T router andDWL-G122 in USB of PC.
Regards
David

Evan Platt

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:40:52 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Thanks Mike and Wizkid for your replies sadly they are not helpfull.
>Regards

David,

Sadly, your description of your problem isn't helpful.

"I've got a D-Link wireless router will not transfer pictures to Ebay
listings."

Likely, the issue isn't with your router.

Even if it is, based on the lack of details you've given, any answers
anyone gives are a shot in the dark at the least.

Once you can post a more verbose description and include details,
someone can help you.

You didn't even mention the operating system or browser you use.

Evan Platt

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:02:27 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Any ides then?

Based on your lack of details? No.

No ****?

>This router will not handle payments in my internet bank a/c unless the
>default setting of MTU is reduced from 1432, but it reverts back to this
>each switch on, so it is a pain allready for that.

Once again, what error message did you encounter, and how did you
figure out that was the solution?