Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot Compress File

Cannot Compress File

esieens

Hello,

I'm having a weird issue. I have a huge Outlook pst (6GB) file that i
want to compress. I have tried WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinAce and all of
them are compressiong succesfully my file. However, when I try to open
the archive I always get a CRC corruption! I get the exact same
behaviour with all the archive tools and different archive format!

Any idea what could be wrong?

Thanks

Xugdish the skunk-trafficker

esieens <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
<(E-Mail Removed) .com>...

> Hello,
>
> I'm having a weird issue. I have a huge Outlook pst (6GB) file that i
> want to compress. I have tried WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinAce and all
> of them are compressiong succesfully my file. However, when I try to
> open the archive I always get a CRC corruption! I get the exact same
> behaviour with all the archive tools and different archive format!
>
> Any idea what could be wrong?

Split the .pst into two or three parts using something like hjsplit.

Google is over there ---->

esieens

thanks for sugggestion. I split the file in 1GB ones and still getting
exactly the same problem.

Bucky Breeder

"esieens" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com:

> thanks for sugggestion. I split the file in 1GB ones
> and still getting exactly the same problem.

Dear GoogleGrouper,

You are most welcome! Do not hestitate to post again if the need
arises. Our mission is to help others; but, our profound enjoyment comes
from resolving riddles formulated by fringe elements who operate under
delusions of grandeur. "He who posts the unresolvable problem wins!" is our
secret motto. Please contact our support department to claim your prize.
Remember that our service is always free and anonymous; and, we appreciate
your business!

If you're *not* happy, tell us; but, if you *are* happy, tell others.

/s/
GoogleGroups Management

--

"I am neither a racist nor am I biased!
Statistics would appear racist and biased.

Mike Easter

esieens wrote:

> I have a huge Outlook pst (6GB) file that i
> want to compress.

It is highly likely that the 6G file needs to be slimmed down first. It
is probably full of stuff which doesn't even belong in the file
http://www.microsoft.com/learning/bo...tions/292.mspx
My Microsoft Outlook PST File Is Getting Too Large -- you need to know
how to safely trim the size of this file and will probably also want to
understand how to keep the file from growing this large again -- Source
of the Problem -- How to Fix It

you can also selectively archive items from various folders.

> I have tried WinRAR, WinZip, 7-Zip, WinAce and all
> of them are compressiong succesfully my file.

I think you need to use OL to get things straightened out, cleaned up,
and separately archived before you start trying to separately work on
some .pst file whose size needs to be smaller than 400-500 meg.

> Any idea what could be wrong?

Your .pst file is way way too big 'organizationally' -- junked up. You
need to fix that according to the MS advice and other OL archiving info
sites

--
Mike Easter