Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > A7N8X-E Deluxe

A7N8X-E Deluxe

Frosty

I want to speed up my PC.
I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
put a faster processor in it.
Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
L2 256.
I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
maximum processor that'll fit & work.
Can one of you smart guys assist?

Tanx!

Frosty

Budweiser

Read the specs in the manual that came with it

http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...=3&l2=13&l3=56

"Frosty" < http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to speed up my PC.
> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
> put a faster processor in it.
> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
> L2 256.
> I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
> maximum processor that'll fit & work.
> Can one of you smart guys assist?
>
> Tanx!
>
> Frosty

PeeCee

"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>I want to speed up my PC.
> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
> put a faster processor in it.
> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
> L2 256.
> I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
> maximum processor that'll fit & work.
> Can one of you smart guys assist?
>
> Tanx!
>
> Frosty

Frosty

3200+ according to AMD

http://www2.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/Re...~63674,00.html

Best
Paul.

Frosty

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:39:04 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
"Budweiser" <(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked his hammer and shot:
> Read the specs in the manual that came with it
>
>http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...=3&l2=13&l3=56

Yeah Bud, I found that. I also have the hardcopy.
But while I can easily copy all the kewl techie sounding letters and
numbers off my receipts, I don't know what any of that means in
regards to 'what is the most tweekie processor I can stick in there'
So I was hopin' that with all the info I gave about what I had,
someone could toss me a more substantial clue than just your RTFM.

But thanks fir takin' the time.

>"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I want to speed up my PC.
>> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
>> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
>> put a faster processor in it.
>> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
>> L2 256.
>> I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
>> maximum processor that'll fit & work.
>> Can one of you smart guys assist?
>>
>> Tanx!
>>
>> Frosty

why?

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 01:18:51 -0500, Frosty wrote:

>On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 04:39:04 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk
>"Budweiser" <(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked his hammer and shot:
>> Read the specs in the manual that came with it
>>
>>http://www.asus.com/products4.aspx?m...=3&l2=13&l3=56

>Yeah Bud, I found that. I also have the hardcopy.
>But while I can easily copy all the kewl techie sounding letters and
>numbers off my receipts, I don't know what any of that means in
>regards to 'what is the most tweekie processor I can stick in there'
>So I was hopin' that with all the info I gave about what I had,
>someone could toss me a more substantial clue than just your RTFM.

Usually the match for RTFM is STFW.

If you want to tweak things, then check out the many hardare forums /
sites for overclocking / tweaking.

Most if not all of these links will have been posted in 24HSHD several
times, and searchable using
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...elpdesk/topics

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/
http://www.overclockers.com/
http://www.overclockersonline.com/
http://www.tomshardware.com
www.xbitlabs.com
www.hardwareanalysis.com

However something just as easy,
www.google.com
overclock a7n8x-e
tweak a7n8x-e

>But thanks fir takin' the time.
>>

>>"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>news:(E-Mail Removed). ..
>>>I want to speed up my PC.
>>> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
>>> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
>>> put a faster processor in it.
>>> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
>>> L2 256.

<snip>

Me

Frosty

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:10:41 +1300 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "PeeCee"
<(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked his hammer and shot:

>"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
>>I want to speed up my PC.
>> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
>> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
>> put a faster processor in it.
>> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
>> L2 256.
>> I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
>> maximum processor that'll fit & work.
>> Can one of you smart guys assist?
>>
>> Tanx!
>>
>> Frosty

>Frosty
>
>3200+ according to AMD
>
>http://www2.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/Re...~63674,00.html
>
>Best
>Paul.

So, forgive me my ignorance, but what should I buy then?

old man

It really depends what you want to speed up ie games/graphics/data.
Any bottleneck may not be solely down to the cpu.
In any case socket A cpu's may be in short supply, it is after all about
three/four revisions old
A Barton cpu would probably be the fastest, as to whether you would notice
any improvement.......?

"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 19:10:41 +1300 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "PeeCee"
> <(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked his hammer and shot:
> >
> >"Frosty" < (E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> >news:(E-Mail Removed).. .
> >>I want to speed up my PC.
> >> I've already put in SATA hard drives so I have 1000gigs, I've put in 3
> >> gigs of PC3200 400MHz DDR 184-Pin DIMM RAM so I'm thinkin' maybe I can
> >> put a faster processor in it.
> >> Presently it has am AMD Sempron 2800+ OEM Pulls Socket A 333FSB 2.0GHz
> >> L2 256.
> >> I'm Googlin' like a madman but for the life of me can't find the
> >> maximum processor that'll fit & work.
> >> Can one of you smart guys assist?
> >>
> >> Tanx!
> >>
> >> Frosty

> >Frosty
> >
> >3200+ according to AMD
> >

>http://www2.amd.com/us-en/recmobo/Re...9_4348%5E7923~

63674,00.html

> >Best
> >Paul.
> >

> So, forgive me my ignorance, but what should I buy then?

Frosty

On Sat, 27 Jan 2007 09:06:29 GMT in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "old man"
<(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked his hammer and shot:
>It really depends what you want to speed up ie games/graphics/data.
>Any bottleneck may not be solely down to the cpu.
>In any case socket A cpu's may be in short supply, it is after all about
>three/four revisions old
>A Barton cpu would probably be the fastest, as to whether you would notice
>any improvement.......?

Graphics & data. I play a game or two but just for fun. Don't need
spped, have cheat codes.