Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > U3 security on a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4gb flash drive

U3 security on a Sandisk Cruzer Micro 4gb flash drive

doug

If I want to make this flash drive bootable, is there a way to do this
and NOT eliminate the U3 security? Can I make a 2nd partition on this
flash drive to make it boot from that partition? What is the best
(easiest) way to make this flash drive bootable?

Meat Plow

On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 06:09:40 -0600, doug Has Frothed:

> If I want to make this flash drive bootable, is there a way to do this
> and NOT eliminate the U3 security? Can I make a 2nd partition on this
> flash drive to make it boot from that partition? What is the best
> (easiest) way to make this flash drive bootable?

Put the bootables on whatever partition and edit your boot ini file to
reflect the location. This all depends of course that your hardware can
boot from usb.

COOSN-266-06-25794