Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Win 3.1 apps?

Win 3.1 apps?

Kenny

Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing etc.
Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which would help with keyboard
skills, counting, spelling etc?

--
Kenny Cargill

news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
> Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing etc.
> Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which would help with keyboard
> skills, counting, spelling etc?

http://www.thefreewaresite.com/win_3.1.html

Have a dig through here Ken.

thanatoid

"Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed) om:

> Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
> Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing
> etc. Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which
> would help with keyboard skills, counting, spelling etc?

http://oldfiles.org.uk/lightspeed/main.html

There are DOZENS of links a little bit down the page...

Some links do not work - it IS 2007 - but many do. The
"http://garbo.uwasa.fi/windows/", for instance, doesn't work -
but the mirror for the original site still does. Download
"WINDEX.TXT" for a complete listing. Great stuff.

Another really good one is:
http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/#win3x

Kenny

Thanks for the replies and the links, plenty to look at there.

--
Kenny Cargill
"thanatoid" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed) om:
>
>> Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
>> Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing
>> etc. Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which
>> would help with keyboard skills, counting, spelling etc?
>>

> http://oldfiles.org.uk/lightspeed/main.html
>
> There are DOZENS of links a little bit down the page...
>
> Some links do not work - it IS 2007 - but many do. The
> "http://garbo.uwasa.fi/windows/", for instance, doesn't work -
> but the mirror for the original site still does. Download
> "WINDEX.TXT" for a complete listing. Great stuff.
>
> Another really good one is:
> http://www.bookcase.com/library/software/#win3x
>

> --
> Disagreements and the usual insults expected and welcomed.

philo

news(E-Mail Removed) om...
> Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
> Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing etc.
> Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which would help with keyboard
> skills, counting, spelling etc?

not typing...but
this is a great game pack... Bowep

http://www.siteaboutnothing.com/games/

WhzzKdd

philo wrote:
> "Kenny" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed) om...
>> Have been given an old Canon BN 22 laptop.
>> Giving it to 5 year old grandaughter to practice typing etc.
>> Any Win 3.1 apps or games, preferably free, which would help with
>> keyboard skills, counting, spelling etc?
>>

> not typing...but
> this is a great game pack... Bowep
>

> http://www.siteaboutnothing.com/games/

Heh heh...I still play those games...

philo

> > not typing...but
> > this is a great game pack... Bowep
> >

> > http://www.siteaboutnothing.com/games/

> Heh heh...I still play those games...

Yep...
about the only game I ever play is tetris from that game pack !!!!