Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7!

Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7!

Mike

Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?

About half the time when I type a URL into the IE7 address bar
and press <Enter> nothing happens. It just says "Connecting..."
even for widely available websited like google and yahoo.
Same thing happens if I try to open a page from the command
line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Mike" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?

>About half the time when I type a URL into the IE7 address bar
>and press <Enter> nothing happens. It just says "Connecting..."
>even for widely available websited like google and yahoo.
>Same thing happens if I try to open a page from the command
>line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
>of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
>but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

Maybe.

Start | Run <type in>
FIREWALL.CPL
<enter>

(Mine's disaled so I'm winging it)

in one of the tabs are a list of execptions, select everything.
really enable everything and install a proper Firewall.
--
Grab Your own.
http://www.milinkito.com/los80.php

Blinky the Shark

Mike wrote:
> Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?

Uhh...no.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Walter Mautner

Mike wrote:

> Help! Installed Windows XP sp2 and IE 7! Is there any hope?
>
> About half the time when I type a URL into the IE7 address bar
> and press <Enter> nothing happens. It just says "Connecting..."
> even for widely available websited like google and yahoo.
> Same thing happens if I try to open a page from the command
> line like "start www.yahoo.com" <Enter> without the quotes
> of course. What's up? Should be a pretty simple task
> but IE7 / Windows XP sp 2 is having trouble with this.

Hmm. Most of the time the "proxy-auto-search" feature runs amuck.
There is help at www.mozilla.com/firefox, though.