Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > HP Camera's

HP Camera's

El CapitánŠ

I know it's off topic, but I want to warn you for HP!

Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera's!

My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can't be repaired
because they don't have spare parts anymore.

Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me:
"throw it away and buy a new one".

I think this is a bloody shame.

So don't buy HP camera's because when they're broken, you have to
buy a new one!!

Jerry,
http://community.webshots.com/user/novamente

-----------------
-----------------

WhzzKdd

El CapitánŠ wrote:
> I know it's off topic, but I want to warn you for HP!
>
> Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera's!
>
> My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can't be
> repaired because they don't have spare parts anymore.
>
> Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me:
> "throw it away and buy a new one".
>
> I think this is a bloody shame.
>
> So don't buy HP camera's because when they're broken, you have to
> buy a new one!!

And this surprises you because...?

C'mon now, with technology improving almost DAILY, why would anyone think
parts should be kept available for obsolete items?

And at the high labor/parts costs for repairs, you could probably buy a
BETTER camera now, for less than the repairs would cost.

Evan Platt

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 03:14:59 +0100, "El CapitánŠ" <TodoPorLaPatria(NO
Spam)@ZeelandNet.NL> wrote:

>I know it's off topic, but I want to warn you for HP!
>
>Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera's!
>
>My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can't be repaired
>because they don't have spare parts anymore.
>
>Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me:
>"throw it away and buy a new one".
>
>I think this is a bloody shame.
>
>So don't buy HP camera's because when they're broken, you have to
>buy a new one!!

You're kidding right?

You have a 5 year old 2.1 megapixel camera which can be found on eBay
for $30 US... And you would PAY to get it repaired?

Why would it make sense for HP to repair it, when I can't imagine it
would be much less than $100 for any repair?

Yeah.. And screw IBM too! They won't repair my 5 year old 386
computer.

BASTARDS.

Blinky the Shark

Evan Platt wrote:

> Yeah.. And screw IBM too! They won't repair my 5 year old 386
> computer.

Okay, this time you're stretching the truth a little.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?R=F4g=EAr?=

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> Evan Platt wrote:
>

>>Yeah.. And screw IBM too! They won't repair my 5 year old 386
>>computer.

> Okay, this time you're stretching the truth a little.

5 years ago my 386 was 15 years old. Maybe Evan custome built it.

Blinky the Shark

Rôgęr wrote:
> Blinky the Shark wrote:
>> Evan Platt wrote:
>>
>>>Yeah.. And screw IBM too! They won't repair my 5 year old 386
>>>computer.

>> Okay, this time you're stretching the truth a little.

> 5 years ago my 386 was 15 years old. Maybe Evan custome built it.

He's pretty slow if it took him that long.

(Okay, maybe the CPU was on back order...)

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

Walter Mautner

El CapitánŠ wrote:

> I know it's off topic, but I want to warn you for HP!
>
> Never buy Hewlett Packard Camera's!

Never buy Kodak as well. 3 years, 5 megapixels, 450 euros and back display
is stars and stripes or plain black.

> My HP Photo Smart 618 of Euro 545.-, only 5 years old, can't be repaired
> because they don't have spare parts anymore.
>
> Mr. Said, a spokesman of HP in the Netherlands, said to me:
> "throw it away and buy a new one".

Well, same goes for harddrives these days. They tend to fail before they can
be filled to the rim, goes the saying ...

> I think this is a bloody shame.

Ah, yes. It's called "new economy".

> So don't buy HP camera's because when they're broken, you have to
> buy a new one!!

Guess what they want you to do. And no, it isn't just HP.