Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10.1.4 fails to detect a particular virus..

Symantec Antivirus Corporate 10.1.4 fails to detect a particular virus..

developmental2@walla.com

Hi all, I have upgraded to Symantec Corporate 10.1.4 and to my dismay
received an e-mail in outlook express with a "postcard.exe" attachment.
The Antivirus didn't give any warning when the email was received and
even when scanning the attachment exe manually (right click) it says
the file is clean, and only when I scanned it with www.virustotal.com
it deteced (most of its antiviruses did anyway) that it some
Win32:Warezov-AQJ variant.

Is it worth tossing this Symantec product for? I of course have it
liveupdated daily.
Is it possible that my older Nav 2003 could detect this... ?

Thanks

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,

> Hi all, I have upgraded to Symantec Corporate 10.1.4 and to my dismay
> received an e-mail in outlook express with a "postcard.exe" attachment.
> The Antivirus didn't give any warning when the email was received and
> even when scanning the attachment exe manually (right click) it says
> the file is clean, and only when I scanned it with www.virustotal.com
> it deteced (most of its antiviruses did anyway) that it some
> Win32:Warezov-AQJ variant.
>
> Is it worth tossing this Symantec product for? I of course have it
> liveupdated daily.
> Is it possible that my older Nav 2003 could detect this... ?

Strange, every system that we use as a test system, since our firewalls
block EXE files, detects those emails as virus emails - in fact, the
systems using Symantec engines (SMSE) detect them at the gateway.

Did you check to ensure that you have email scanning enabled?

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,