Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Google Redirect Problem

Google Redirect Problem

Dennis

running xp media with sp2

For the last two days when using google in ie7 I get redirected to
another site like an eBay page when clicking on google search result. I
have run up to date virus scan, Ad-Aware, Spybot, WindowsCare and other
programs, but they have found nothing. Any help to resolve this problem
is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mike Easter

Dennis wrote:

> For the last two days when using google in ie7 I get redirected to
> another site like an eBay page when clicking on google search result.

Don't [try to] describe a page 'like an ebay page'.

Copy and paste the link of the page you get so we can see the page.

Some connectivity providers give/assign you a DNS which gives you an
advertising redirect if you click a bad link, where 'bad link' means a
dead domain name.

Separate from that is browser hijacking.

--
Mike Easter

Shepİ

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 16:22:10 -0600 I never confuse arrogance with
confidence nor ability with ambition Dennis <(E-Mail Removed)> sent
this :

>running xp media with sp2
>
>For the last two days when using google in ie7 I get redirected to
>another site like an eBay page when clicking on google search result. I
>have run up to date virus scan, Ad-Aware, Spybot, WindowsCare and other
>programs, but they have found nothing. Any help to resolve this problem
>is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

>http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! 120,000+ Newsgroups
>----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total Privacy via Encryption =----

Download a couple of good registry cleaners.

http://www.mispbo.com/regcleaner30.zip
http://www.mispbo.com/registrycleaner.htm

http://www.hoverdesk.net/freeware.htm
and also CCleaner,
http://www.ccleaner.com/

Control Panel/Add Remove Programs/Windows Components/Internet
Explorer/Remove.

Re-boot to an F8 bootup/Safemode and run reg cleaners and CCleaner.

Re-boot and re-install IE from the Control panel.Update if you wish.

Add to your armory the free A squared,

http://www.emsisoft.com/en/software/free/

and Spyware Guard,
http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareguard.html

and COMODO firewall,
http://www.comodogroup.com/

ALL programs I post are free and tested.

HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...m?bandID=88558