Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > 'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

'Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Oh Crap! Recycle bin says are you sure you want to delete "windows". Help please!'

I have XP pro.
I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.
There was a lot of corruption on it.
Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt
and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
" Windows".
What the f__k is happening?
Please help.
Thanks

Ian

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsXeth.123865$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
>I have XP pro.
> I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.
> There was a lot of corruption on it.
> Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt
> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do
> I want to delete
> " Windows".

Click "YES" or "OK" for that bit and go and make a cup of tea/coffee.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:05:07 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I have XP pro.

Ok good start.

>I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.

Ok, some mystery MP3 player.

>There was a lot of corruption on it.
>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

Huh?

> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
>" Windows".
>What the f__k is happening?

There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
bin as an option.

Jack Ruddock

say yes

taj
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
newsXeth.123865$(E-Mail Removed) .uk...
> I have XP pro.
> I have had a problem with my MP3 player and had to reformat it.
> There was a lot of corruption on it.
> Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt
> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do

I want to delete
> " Windows".
> What the f__k is happening?
> Please help.
> Thanks

Peter

On Mon, 22 Jan 2007 19:19:20 -0800, Evan Platt wrote:

> On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 03:05:07 GMT, <(E-Mail Removed)>
> wrote:
>

>>Since then my recycle bin says there is something in it but there is'nt

> Huh?
>
>> and when I go 'right click' 'empty recycle bin' i get a message saying do I want to delete
>>" Windows".
>>What the f__k is happening?

> There is something in there otherwise you wouldn't have empty recycle
> bin as an option.

Might be worth trying ExplorerXP from http://www.explorerxp.com/ as it
shows some files that Windows Explorer doesn't - worth looking on each
drive separately.
You are showing full extensions and hidden files, aren't you?

--
Peter.
If you can do it today, you didn't put off enough yesterday.