Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Dazed and confused

Dazed and confused

revbiff

Dazed and confused by the Bible

We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.

The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
were smoking dope.

--
Please donatef this year..http://biffstoejam.com/paypal.html

"revbiff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45b4cb0b$0$9981$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>
> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>
> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
> were smoking dope.

Makes sense to me.
It doesn`t take much to confuse teenagers <g>.

Old Gringo

On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:27:25 -0600, Without Any Hesitation,
revbiff Wrote The Following:

> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>
> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>
> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
> were smoking dope.
>

> --
> Please donatef this year..http://biffstoejam.com/paypal.html

After 2000 years of the theory of the bible not working, I think it is time
to re-write the whold damn thing.
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest

Old Gringo

On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:18:13 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, Old
Gringo Wrote The Following:

> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:27:25 -0600, Without Any Hesitation,
> revbiff Wrote The Following:
>
>> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>>
>> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>>
>> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
>> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
>> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
>> were smoking dope.
>>

>> --
>> Please donatef this year..http://biffstoejam.com/paypal.html

> After 2000 years of the theory of the bible not working, I think it is time
> to re-write the whold damn thing.

Type O Whole
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
1/22/2007 10:20:02 AM CST

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:f8gql7n2zvps$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:18:13 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, Old
> Gringo Wrote The Following:
>
>> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:27:25 -0600, Without Any Hesitation,
>> revbiff Wrote The Following:
>>
>>> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>>>
>>> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>>>
>>> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
>>> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
>>> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
>>> were smoking dope.
>>>

>>> --
>>> Please donatef this year..http://biffstoejam.com/paypal.html

>> After 2000 years of the theory of the bible not working, I think it is
>> time
>> to re-write the whold damn thing.

> Type O Whole

Hi Geo. where the hell you been ?.

Bucky Breeder

Old Gringo <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:(E-Mail Removed):

> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:27:25 -0600, Without Any Hesitation,
> revbiff Wrote The Following:
>
>> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>>
>> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>>
>> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
>> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
>> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
>> were smoking dope.
>>

> After 2000 years of the theory of the bible not working, I think it is
> time to re-write the whold damn thing.

Yeah... There's a "plan"!

All except for the primary premise. Also, many of the books of the
Phrophets are dated back to around ~5k years, +/- ; with good historical
correlation. The "Bible" is a book, a compilation of various texts,
researched, "Cannonized", assembled, and finally distributed like any other
book: with protagonists, antagonists, and a theme or plot - a beginning, a
middle and an end. It's thesis is mankind's reunification with its
Creator. That's it! When you think about it at some point that's all that
there is. It's not about dinosaurs, demons, magic or making money.
Although it certainly contains all those elements - and more. It is what
is, and it ain't no more or less. (And "It" works if *you* work "It".)
Too many "influential" personalities have managed to substitute their own
personas as representational of the Bible's message. That's unfortunate;
although, it does serve the useful purpose of filtering out all the riff-
raff who buy into their flawed interpretations and representations. (Buh-
byee... more real-estate in Heaven for me...)

When you-all re-write yours, make your god a black (Nubian) woman - that's
a real popular one these days. She can make everyone forever healthy,
always happy and downright filthy rich. Just *don't* drink the kool-aide!
Or do - whatever.

--

I think in one of my previous lives
I must have been a great and mighty king,

philo

"revbiff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:45b4cb0b$0$9981$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>
> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>
> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
> were smoking dope.

"stoned to death" will therefore mean one ODed I guess

Old Gringo

On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:26:11 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, 1932
Wrote The Following:

> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:f8gql7n2zvps$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:18:13 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, Old
>> Gringo Wrote The Following:

>>> After 2000 years of the theory of the bible not working, I think it is
>>> time
>>> to re-write the whold damn thing.

>> Type O Whole
>>

> Hi Geo. where the hell you been ?.

My computer went belly up and it took Velocity Micro a month to build me a
new one and ship it. Back in business now. Cold here today.
--
Just West Of Nowhere
Enjoy Life And Live It To Its Fullest
http://www.NuBoy-Industries.com
1/22/2007 3:31:42 PM CST

news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "revbiff" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:45b4cb0b$0$9981$(E-Mail Removed)...
>> Dazed and confused by the Bible
>>
>> We Have Seen the Present, and It Does Not Work.
>>
>> The new edition of Today's New International Version Bible will
>> change "stoned" to "stoned to death," it was announced, because
>> the current edition confused too many teenagers, who thought people
>> were smoking dope.
>>

> "stoned to death" will therefore mean one ODed I guess

Well, definitely DOA. <g..

"Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:npe8akgsjm5j$(E-Mail Removed)...
> On or About Mon, 22 Jan 2007 16:26:11 GMT, Without Any Hesitation, 1932
> Wrote The Following:
>
>> "Old Gringo" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news:f8gql7n2zvps$(E-Mail Removed)...

>>> Type O Whole
>>>

>> Hi Geo. where the hell you been ?.

> My computer went belly up and it took Velocity Micro a month to build me a
> new one and ship it. Back in business now. Cold here today.

Glad your Ok.
I know what VelMicros` theme song is.
"We have all the time in the world...." <g>.
ps. Add your own music.

bw..