Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Consolidating emails

Consolidating emails

philo

Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my email
scattered about between all of them...
so when I need to find something...it's difficult.

Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.

Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.

Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that Microsoft
has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot export or import
OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a complicated manual process).

Even though , by now I should be used to Microsoft's blunders...
after 7 years of dealing with this stuff...
it's nice to know I can still be amazed at the stupidity of it all.

Well, for the rest of the week I shall see if I can retrieve and merge
my email from my Linux and OS/2 machines...

Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around here !

WhzzKdd

philo wrote:
> Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my
> email scattered about between all of them...
> so when I need to find something...it's difficult.
>
> Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.
>
> Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.
>
> Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that
> Microsoft has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot
> export or import OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a
> complicated manual process).

OE can drag and drop. Drag the email to a memory stick, put the memory stick
in the other computer, drag the email into that system's OE inbox.

David

news(E-Mail Removed)...
> Well I've got at least 10 machines all over the house and have my email
> scattered about between all of them...
> so when I need to find something...it's difficult.
>
> Decided to consolidate all my email onto one machine.
>
> Since I use OE6 on most of the machines I decided to start with that.
>
> Although I managed to get it all sorted out I have to say that Microsoft
> has a terrible beyond belief system...in that you cannot export or import
> OE6 to OE6 (other than by doing so with a complicated manual process).
>
> Even though , by now I should be used to Microsoft's blunders...
> after 7 years of dealing with this stuff...
> it's nice to know I can still be amazed at the stupidity of it all.
>
> Well, for the rest of the week I shall see if I can retrieve and merge
> my email from my Linux and OS/2 machines...
>
> Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around here
> !

Anything in this article that would help.
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pc-m...erring-pc-part

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Otter

In news(E-Mail Removed),
philo <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:

> Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around
> here !

One of Noah's, I suppose?

philo

<snip>

> OE can drag and drop. Drag the email to a memory stick, put the memory

stick
> in the other computer, drag the email into that system's OE inbox.

I don't have a memory stick...but the machines are networked...so
I could have copied them to a shared folder had I been smart enough to think
of that.

I used the .dbx method and it worked...
just a bit of work!

philo

> Anything in this article that would help.

http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pc-m...erring-pc-part

Thanks for the link...
I did not have too bad of a time transferring the email...
but it was a PITA.
My big complaint was simply that Microsoft has no provisions for simply
exporting
or importing OE to OE...

philo

"Otter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> In news(E-Mail Removed),
> philo <(E-Mail Removed)> typed:
> >

> > Oh heck...I even have a BSD machine and some other foolishness around
> > here !

> One of Noah's, I suppose?

Yes...the very machine he kept inventory of the animals on.

He never even wiped the HD and it seems there was a big controversy
as what to do with the fish !!!!!

Consolidating java objects Dave Java 26 10-18-2006 12:41 AM
consolidating bunch of HTML pages lbrtchx Java 1 06-02-2006 06:07 PM
Consolidating multiple CNR Severs blindpirate Cisco 0 04-05-2006 08:49 PM
Consolidating images in one folder in wwwroot =?Utf-8?B?cG11ZA==?= ASP .Net 5 04-05-2005 10:15 PM
Consolidating Sites - DNS Implications Guadala Harry ASP .Net 1 02-06-2004 02:18 AM

Advertisments