Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > TiVo Factory Renewed Machines

TiVo Factory Renewed Machines

Kyle :o\)

Are they worth it? There's two different version of TiVo boxes on the TiVo
website that my wife and I are looking at and wondering just how good these
"factory renewed" machines are.

Also - is it possible (using a digital cable box) to record a program on
TiVo (let's say Smallville on Thursday nights on CW) and watch a hockey game
on the NHL Centre Ice package? Often times on Thursday night I have to pick
between watching Smallville or my hockey game and we'd love to be able to
use the TiVo to just record Smallville for watching later so I don't miss
the hockey game.

Thanks much!

--
Kyle )

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

doS

Yes and yes.usually they just replace the harddrives in the refurbs.

"Kyle )" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> Are they worth it? There's two different version of TiVo boxes on the
> TiVo website that my wife and I are looking at and wondering just how good
> these "factory renewed" machines are.
>
> Also - is it possible (using a digital cable box) to record a program on
> TiVo (let's say Smallville on Thursday nights on CW) and watch a hockey
> game on the NHL Centre Ice package? Often times on Thursday night I have
> to pick between watching Smallville or my hockey game and we'd love to be
> able to use the TiVo to just record Smallville for watching later so I
> don't miss the hockey game.
>
> Thanks much!
>
> --
> Kyle )
>
> "I reject your reality and substitute my own!"

pgnet

I am a believer in reconditioned products. If you buy new and it wont work
you have to send it back and they send a new one. might as well order one
they know works. just a thought.
news:Vzvsh.62$(E-Mail Removed)...