Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Outlook express messages

Outlook express messages

Big Ron

I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd like to
copy occasional important email messages between the laptop to the desktop
without having to 'forward ' them online.

Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then paste it
into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received it there?

TIA

Ron

WhzzKdd

Big Ron wrote:
> I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd
> like to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop
> to the desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
>
> Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then
> paste it into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received
> it there?

I think this will work: drag the email to your desktop (or a folder). Copy
that email (or folder) to other PC (CD, flopy, memory stick, network, etc.)
Drag the email (not the folder, the individual emails) into OE on the other
computer.

David

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:E_rsh.24$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Big Ron wrote:
>> I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd
>> like to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop
>> to the desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
>>
>> Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then
>> paste it into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received
>> it there?

> I think this will work: drag the email to your desktop (or a folder). Copy
> that email (or folder) to other PC (CD, flopy, memory stick, network,
> etc.) Drag the email (not the folder, the individual emails) into OE on
> the other computer.

Outlook express is mentioned in this artical.
http://www.computeractive.co.uk/pc-m...erring-pc-part
Please let us know how you went on if used, I've been keeping it incase I
got your possition.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Tab

"Big Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:eotdb0$mfh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd like
>to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop to the
>desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
>
> Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then paste it
> into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received it there?
>
> TIA
>
> Ron

Leaving a copy on the server would probably work for you.I do that but at
the present moment I cant remember how .That way I get same emails on both
computers.Maybe someone can advise you on that.

Tab

Tab

"Tab" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...

> "Big Ron" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:eotdb0$mfh$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I have a laptop and a desktop, and use both at different times. I'd like
>>to copy occasional important email messages between the laptop to the
>>desktop without having to 'forward ' them online.
>>
>> Is there a way to copy a single OE message on the laptop and then paste
>> it into my main directory on the desktop as if I had received it there?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Ron
>>

> Leaving a copy on the server would probably work for you.I do that but at
> the present moment I cant remember how .That way I get same emails on
> both computers.Maybe someone can advise you on that.
>
> Tab
>It is> Mail account.>properties> advanced> Tick Leave copy on server

JANA

You can click on File and Save As... , and then save the message to a
floppy, or memory stick. You can then take the media over to another
computer. When double clicking on the message, it would open in OE. You can
then save or copy it back where you want.

If you have the two machines in a network, you can do the same by using a
shared folder.

--

JANA
_____