Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Cannot change "standby" on laptop

Cannot change "standby" on laptop

Luke O'Malley

When I am downloading I leave the Laptop unattended. It goes into either
"standby" or "hibernation" and the download stops. I checked the Toshiba
Power Management folder and could find nothing. The Power Options folder
comes up and fades before you can make a selection on it. I have tried
repeatedly without success to bring it up in a functional manner. No luck.
Can anyone help?

Luke

Toshiba Satellite
XP home

WhzzKdd

Luke O'Malley wrote:
> When I am downloading I leave the Laptop unattended. It goes into
> either "standby" or "hibernation" and the download stops. I checked
> the Toshiba Power Management folder and could find nothing. The
> Power Options folder comes up and fades before you can make a
> selection on it. I have tried repeatedly without success to bring it
> up in a functional manner. No luck. Can anyone help?
>
> Luke
>
> Toshiba Satellite
> XP home

Have you checked the CMOS settings? Typically, I think Windows would
override those, but if it were me, I'd check there and see if they can be
disabled.

D.D. Minelli

Right click on open space on desktop/properties/screen-saver click on Power
on bottom right/PowerSchemes always on = all others to Never.

news:%y8sh.10$(E-Mail Removed)...