Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire

I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire

Heidi Manway

I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
off however this does not work?

Heidi

David

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
> PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
> off however this does not work?

Sorry can't help you, but you say you have 2 Spyware programmes, I will tell
you about my two.
When I put my second one on it gave a report telling me I had 2 short cuts
on the PC that were a danger could it fix them. I said yes and then
realised they were for my first Spyware programme

Regarding AV programmes I had the, now removed, free AVG but this was
upsetting my Mail ISP Server settings so I put Nortons on at the start of
the install it complained to me about the AVG being on the PC.

Seems to me it might be programmes are written to object to rival programmes
being on.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

pcbutts1

Heidi you need to be more specific. Give more details like what 2 spyware
software did you install and what is the exact error message.

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
> PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
> off however this does not work?
>

> Heidi

Heidi Manway

David wrote:
> "Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> >I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> > keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
> > PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
> > off however this does not work?
> >

> Sorry can't help you, but you say you have 2 Spyware programmes, I will tell
> you about my two.
> When I put my second one on it gave a report telling me I had 2 short cuts
> on the PC that were a danger could it fix them. I said yes and then
> realised they were for my first Spyware programme
>
> Regarding AV programmes I had the, now removed, free AVG but this was
> upsetting my Mail ISP Server settings so I put Nortons on at the start of
> the install it complained to me about the AVG being on the PC.
>
> Seems to me it might be programmes are written to object to rival programmes
> being on.
>
> --
> Regards,
> David

I think maybe Webroot Antispyware is the best deal but will it work
fine with Norton I do Not know
the other two Software is actually its more!

http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html
http://www.safer-networking.com/
www.lavasoftusa.com
http://www.majorgeeks.com/CWShredder...ion_d4086.html

Running Norton as well

Heidi
> ************************************************** *******
> Please reply to News Group

Amanda Shithousedoor

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Heidi you need to be more specific. Give more details like what 2
> spyware software did you install and what is the exact error message.

"Leythos ****s pcbutt1 up the arse"
Advice?, Go here:
http://pic.smasher.org/default11.png

> "Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>> I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
>> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my
>> own PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the
>> alerts off however this does not work?
>>

>> Heidi

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed). com>,
> I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
> PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
> off however this does not work?

Only download software you can validate as uncompromised - in the case
of non-vendor site you have no guarantee that the files are unmodified
or uncompromised. Anyone providing a link to a non-vendors site with a
direct download should not be trusted, the vendors sites are the safest
place to download their application.

No person of sound mind would download files from a hack site that
requires a password to access the unknown files when they are available
directly from the vendors.

Always remember - only download files from Trusted Sites.

The following links will take you to vendors sites for Spy Ware / Ad
ware removal tools and also for Antivirus tools. After you install any
of these applications and update them, run them in SAFE MODE to allow
them to properly clean your system.

First, make sure that your Java is updated to the latest version:
http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

These sites are for downloading Anti-Malware and Anti-Spyware tools, in
order that I would use them myself:

Dave Lipman's tools:
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Secured2K's AntiPauper (download link/info at)
http://forums.mcafeehelp.com/viewtopic.php?t=65072

Rogue Fix - This removal tool is the property of Internet Inspiration
http://www.internetinspiration.co.uk/roguefix.htm

AdAwareSE can be found here:
http://www.lavasoft.com/download_and...tion_database/

SpyBot Search and Destroy can be found here:

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm ,
http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm
All while spamming his company website at: http://www.seedsv.com

Richard

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
>I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my own
> PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the alerts
> off however this does not work?
>

> Heidi

From an earlier post it appears that one of your new antispyware programs is
ErrorGuard. This is a spyware/adware program that you do not want on your
computer. Search Google for "ErrorGuard" will give plenty of references to
this programs nature.

From

http://www.bullguard.com/forum/8/Err...or-S_7204.html

scans your system for errors and ask you for 29.95 USD to register the
program so that the program can repair those errors. According to the
privacy policy ( http://www.errorguard.com/privacy.html ), the program may
collect personal data for marketing and promotional purposes.

Removal instructions:

1./ Go to Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel, click Add/Remove Programs.
From the list select Error Guard, click Remove or Change to uninstall it.

2./ Delete the folder ErrorGuard under "Program Files" directory.

If the Add/Remove procudure fails, try the following steps to manually
remove this spyware:

1. Click Start > Run, type 'regedit' to open the Registry Editor.
2. Navigate to the following registry key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \ SOFTWARE \ Microsoft \ Windows \ CurrentVersion \ Run

In the right pane, delete the value named "ErrorGuard" which points to the
file "C:\Program Files\ErrorGuard\ErrorGuard.exe".

Navigate and delete follows keysmarked in bold)

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\software\errorguard
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\curr entversion\app
paths\errorguard.exe
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\software\microsoft\windows\curr entversion\uninstall\error
guard

3./ Exit Regsitry Editor.

4./ Open Windows Explorer, type '%Windir%\Downloaded Program Files' in the
address bar. Find and delete the following item:

{205FF73B-CA67-11D5-99DD-444553540006}

5./ Reboot the computer.

6./ Delete the following folder and all the content within it:
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ERRORGUARD

--
Richard

Richard

Hi Heidi

Read this
http://freewarewiki.com/ErrorGuard

WhzzKdd

Heidi Manway wrote:
> I have installed 2 new spyware programs Now Nortons gone Haywire it
> keep alerting me to the message alert that I am been attacked by my
> own PC give IP address aswell it gives the option of switching the
> alerts off however this does not work?
>

> Heidi

Norton is haywire right out of the box. If you had a lick of sense, you'd
dump it, take your loss on it, get to using GOOD software, and learn from
the lesson.

David

"WhzzKdd" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:Xg9sh.44$(E-Mail Removed)...

> Norton is haywire right out of the box. If you had a lick of sense, you'd
> dump it, take your loss on it, get to using GOOD software, and learn from
> the lesson.

Most people in the NG agree with you and do not like Nortons.
Also the most talked about and wanted to download in the NG is Free AVG.

But for me Free AVG runs badly on both my PC and Laptop.
Nortons runs OK on both for me.

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

anti-static blunder / keyboard gone haywire / advise? kplumm Computer Information 0 01-28-2008 05:41 PM
help please my computer has gone haywire. yadalda@gmail.com Computer Support 22 04-23-2006 09:20 PM
Edit mode in datagrid gone haywire =?Utf-8?B?Q2hhcmxlc0E=?= ASP .Net 0 03-28-2006 11:28 AM
VS.NET going haywire David ASP .Net 0 10-28-2004 10:06 AM
How to Verify Programs Running with Installed Programs? Edge Computer Information 9 01-19-2004 11:35 PM

Advertisments