Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Adobe Acrobat Professional demands to be activated every 5 minutes!

Adobe Acrobat Professional demands to be activated every 5 minutes!

Alasdair

I have been running Acrobat Professional 7.0 with no problems and when
they offered an upgrade to 7.0.8 and I installed it, there was no
problem A week ago, I was offered to upgrade to version 7.0.9 and
when I installed that, my problems got going.

A popup window came up saying: "Your computer's configuration appears
to have changed since the time this product was activated. To continue
using this product, please click OK to activate it again for your new
system configuration or click "cancel" to exit".

By the way, I am running a PC with Windows XP Professional Service
Pack 2 (build 2600); 3.20 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4;1024 Megabytes
Installed Memory.

I re-activate the product and get a message saying: "Thank You. We
appreciate your taking the time to activate this copy of Adobe
Acrobat".

Five minutes later, when using Acrobat, the popup appears again and I
re-activate again ad nauseam.

Has anyone else had this problem with version 7.0.9? I am thinking of
removing Acrobat and re-installing it from the original CD but am open
to suggestions.

--
Alasdair.