Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > challenge

challenge

Meat Plow

Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
Googled it with no luck
Gateway'd it no luck
Emachines, no luck
Chicony, no luck.

COOSN-266-06-25794

SJP

"Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...

> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
> Googled it with no luck
> Gateway'd it no luck
> Emachines, no luck
> Chicony, no luck.

Got a Chicony keyboard then?
Seems to be a file associated with them

Senti

SJP wrote:
> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>

> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
> Seems to be a file associated with them

I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
mentioned already.

Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
disks?

The Old Sourdough

Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local:

> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
> Googled it with no luck
> Gateway'd it no luck
> Emachines, no luck
> Chicony, no luck.

Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
What model keyboard is it?

Maybe this will help:

http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp

--
The Old Sourdough
theoldsourdough at theoldsourdough dot com

Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:38:01 +0000, SJP Has Frothed:

> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>>
>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>

> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
> Seems to be a file associated with them

Originally probably but it's been replaced with a Logitech. Zhotkey
provides the OSD for the keyboard's volume control but it still functions
without. I just like the OSD or I wouldn't bother trying to find it. My
existing file must have got corrupted since it crashes when executed.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:

> SJP wrote:
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>> Googled it with no luck
>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>> Emachines, no luck
>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>

>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>> Seems to be a file associated with them
>>

> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
> mentioned already.
>
> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
> disks?

The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
file there. Thanks.

COOSN-266-06-25794

Meat Plow

On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 13:17:02 -0600, The Old Sourdough Has Frothed:

> Meat Plow <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local:
>

>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>> Googled it with no luck
>> Gateway'd it no luck
>> Emachines, no luck
>> Chicony, no luck.
>>

> Looks like a third-party program supplied with Chicony's driver.
> What model keyboard is it?
>
> Maybe this will help:
>
> http://www.chicony.com.tw/download/kb/top1.asp

Well I did have the file on a spare drive for that machine but when
executed it still crashes. So there is something else at fault, no big
deal.

COOSN-266-06-25794

SJP

"Senti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> SJP wrote:
>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>>> Need a file named zhotkey.exe.
>>> Googled it with no luck
>>> Gateway'd it no luck
>>> Emachines, no luck
>>> Chicony, no luck.
>>>

>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>> Seems to be a file associated with them

> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
> mentioned already.

Sorry.....long day at work!

Senti

Meat Plow wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Jan 2007 18:59:40 +0000, Senti Has Frothed:
>
>> SJP wrote:
>>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>>>>
>>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>>> Seems to be a file associated with them
>>>

>> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
>> mentioned already.
>>
>> Meat Plow, since it seems to be associated with Emachines, have you
>> tried searching through the .cab files on the Emachine's install/restore
>> disks?

> The restore was on a seperate partition that is now gone. Even if it were
> there, it was protected with PC Angel and not browseable. But you have
> given me an idea. I have the original drive that came with the PC. I've
> since cloned the OS over to a faster SATA drive. I'll bet I can find that
> file there. Thanks.

If that doesn't work, the only other think I can think of is to email
eMachines (or Chicony) and see if they can help you out.

Let us know how it turns out. Good luck.

Senti

SJP wrote:
> "Senti" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> SJP wrote:
>>> "Meat Plow" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>>> news(E-Mail Removed)-meatplow.local...
>>>>
>>> Got a Chicony keyboard then?
>>> Seems to be a file associated with them

>> I'm guessing the OP already knew that since searching Chicony was
>> mentioned already.

> Sorry.....long day at work!

No worries. I was just being a cheeky monkey. I'm familiar with long
days at work so I can sympathize.

Lab Challenge 2 www.networking-forum.com Cisco 1 05-26-2005 09:07 PM
Re:Routing Challenge Mitch Johnson Cisco 5 10-10-2004 09:42 PM
Routing Challenge Mitch Johnson Cisco 2 10-09-2004 10:39 AM
Parsing challenge... Artco News Perl 6 10-08-2003 02:59 PM
Parsing challenge... Artco News Perl 2 10-07-2003 08:03 PM

Advertisments