Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > Not enough server storage - was ok but now one-way

Not enough server storage - was ok but now one-way

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=

I've set up a simple network with a desktop and laptop both running XP HE
SP2. The ethernet connected desktop can rummage around the laptop with no
problem and the wirelessly connected laptop once did the same.

Now the laptop refuses to allow any connection with desktop saying that
there's not enough server storage or simply network path not found. I've
changed the IRPStackSize to 15 - it had gone missing - and my PagedPoolSize
is 0. Both tips picked up off this group. Still no joy. Both share the 2Mb
ADSL connection beautifully.

Any help anyone?
Thanks.
Steve

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=

Thought I'd post the solution. The "not enough server storage" error still
showed so I raised the IRPStackSize to 30 (I just doubled what had been
recommended) and.......... it works. Now for the network printer problem
(new thread).

Steve
-----------------------------

"Steve Campbell" wrote:

> I've set up a simple network with a desktop and laptop both running XP HE
> SP2. The ethernet connected desktop can rummage around the laptop with no
> problem and the wirelessly connected laptop once did the same.
>
> Now the laptop refuses to allow any connection with desktop saying that
> there's not enough server storage or simply network path not found. I've
> changed the IRPStackSize to 15 - it had gone missing - and my PagedPoolSize
> is 0. Both tips picked up off this group. Still no joy. Both share the 2Mb
> ADSL connection beautifully.
>
> Any help anyone?
> Thanks.
> Steve

=?Utf-8?B?U3RldmUgQ2FtcGJlbGw=?=

Just to say also that the tip came from
http://www.michna.com/kb/WxNotEnoughServerStorage.htm and is:

"Not enough server storage

Not enough server storage is available to process this command.

Not enough memory to complete transaction. Close some applications and retry.
These error messages can indicate the IRPStackSize bug on the other machine
(the server that has the share). On that computer open the event log and
check for event ID 2011. If this is present, it is a strong indication for
this particular bug.
To repair it, you have to reset the IRPStackSize parameter back to its
default value of 15 on the server where the share is.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
\SYSTEM
\CurrentControlSet
\Services
\lanmanserver
\parameters

Check for the presence of a value named IRPStackSize. If it doesn't exist,
create it as type DWORD. With base set to decimal, enter the value 15.

Reboot the computer.

One frequent culprit is Norton AntiVirus, which tends to change this
parameter.

Check also this Microsoft Knowledge Base article. It does not mention
Windows XP, but applies to XP as well.

Antivirus Software May Cause Event ID 2011 (Q17707
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=177078
"