Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Vista Search and Email

Windows Vista Search and Email

Zygon Curry

I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.

I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
says:

Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'

What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
'Show E-mail' search above!

With Vista Ultimate, I'll be using Office/Outlook 2007 (with password
protected PST file.

Can someone explain how the above searches actually work? Is all email
searched and displayed?

Thanks .

why?

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 20:32:48 +0000, Zygon Curry wrote:

>I'm hoping someone can answer this question for me.
>
>I just saw a screen capture of what appears to be either Vista's
>Windows Explorer or Search Screen. Near the top of the 'screen' it
>says:
>
>Show Only: 'All' 'E-Mail' 'Document' 'Picture' 'Music' 'Other'
>
>What I want to know is how this affects e-mail. I currently use
>Outlook 2003 for e-mail and the PST file is password protected since
>more then one person uses the computer. As a result I obviously don't
>want my e-mail searched and displayed to anyone who just clicks on the
>'Show E-mail' search above!

List of Vista ng's

microsoft.public.windows.vista.general
microsoft.public.windows.vista.music_pictures_vide o
microsoft.public.windows.vista.administration_acco unt_passwords
microsoft.public.windows.vista.file_management
microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation_setup
microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail
microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking_sharing
microsoft.public.windows.vista.performance_mainten ance
microsoft.public.windows.vista.print_fax_scan
microsoft.public.windows.vista.security

You can find the Outlook ng's yourself.

Me