Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Wireless Networking > desktops see laptop, but can not connect to it and viceversa

desktops see laptop, but can not connect to it and viceversa

=?Utf-8?B?b25hc3Npcw==?=

I just installed my new wireless router to my network consisting of 3
computers (2 desktops, 1 laptop). The 2 desktops are no problem, they are
connected (wired) and one can open files on the other. Internet access
through my DSL-modem and network printing are working fine.

Only my laptop is making problems: Its wireless utility-software is showing
me a good connection to the wireless router at a high signal strength. Both
desktop are telling me that there is a laptop, but they can not connect to it
(you have no rights or so...but they have). The diagnostic software of the
wireless router is telling me, that it can locate laptop. So obviously
everything should work fine.

Has anybody an idea, how I can connect the laptop properly? Could there be
any conflict, because of the fact, that the laptop previously was connected
wired to the router? Should I deinstall this connection?

After installing the wireless PCI-Card on my laptop and reaching the WLAN I
wanted to install a home-network through windows xp home edition. After
starting the client in windows xp the OS only shows me the Ethernet-Card of
my laptop but not the PCI-wireless-Card. In network-connections windows XP
shows me both, the ethernet-based connection (which actually is not
connected) and the newly installed PCI-wireless-Card (which is connected).
Any suggestions?

Tanya

Disable the wired if you aren't using it. No need to remove it I have wired,
wireless and a modem listed but only use the wireless.
news:(E-Mail Removed)...