Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > KVM Switch and Horizontal span?

KVM Switch and Horizontal span?

Mr User

Hi Folks

I have 2 base systems and want to use a KVM switch (2 Port).

PC1: Main system is configured for horizontal span LCD via DVI and
Monitor 1 via VGA.
PC2: Low power P2P system connected to a small Monitor 2 (which I wish
to remove).

So I set up ..

PC1 DVI to LCD also PC1 VGA Monitor 1 to KVM Switch
PC2 VGA to KVM Switch

I can switch the KVM to PC2 on Monitor 1 no probs but when I switch to
PC1 Monitor 1 goes into standby although I can use the KB and Mouse on LCD.

PC1 no longer allows me to set-up horizontal span. From display
properties it can no longer see Monitor 2.

Is there a solution for such a setup?

Many thanks

Mr User

Mr User wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I have 2 base systems and want to use a KVM switch (2 Port).
>
> PC1: Main system is configured for horizontal span LCD via DVI and
> Monitor 1 via VGA.
> PC2: Low power P2P system connected to a small Monitor 2 (which I wish
> to remove).
>
> So I set up ..
>
> PC1 DVI to LCD also PC1 VGA Monitor 1 to KVM Switch
> PC2 VGA to KVM Switch
>
> I can switch the KVM to PC2 on Monitor 1 no probs but when I switch to
> PC1 Monitor 1 goes into standby although I can use the KB and Mouse on LCD.
>
> PC1 no longer allows me to set-up horizontal span. From display
> properties it can no longer see Monitor 2.
>
> Is there a solution for such a setup?
>
> Many thanks

OK sorry chaps scrap that questions it works fine ... operator error
:blushes:

Rick Merrill

Mr User wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I have 2 base systems and want to use a KVM switch (2 Port).
>
> PC1: Main system is configured for horizontal span LCD via DVI and
> Monitor 1 via VGA.
> PC2: Low power P2P system connected to a small Monitor 2 (which I wish
> to remove).
>
> So I set up ..
>
> PC1 DVI to LCD also PC1 VGA Monitor 1 to KVM Switch
> PC2 VGA to KVM Switch
>
> I can switch the KVM to PC2 on Monitor 1 no probs but when I switch to
> PC1 Monitor 1 goes into standby although I can use the KB and Mouse on LCD.
>
> PC1 no longer allows me to set-up horizontal span. From display
> properties it can no longer see Monitor 2.
>
> Is there a solution for such a setup?
>
> Many thanks

I use a KVM switch and both PC are VGA to the same resolution (and
progressive scan).

KVM switch query doS Computer Support 3 04-23-2005 05:56 PM
KVM extender and switch problem James Hanley Computer Information 2 12-16-2004 01:50 PM
need help with kvm switch yawnmoth Computer Information 2 09-25-2004 11:46 PM
KVM switch moses Computer Support 1 11-11-2003 10:33 AM
KVM switch vs TightVNC? john63401@yahoo.com MCSE 8 08-05-2003 11:17 PM

Advertisments