Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Laptop strange at downloading e-mails with OE

Laptop strange at downloading e-mails with OE

David

I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times out
on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync. all'
then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop and
I can't see any differences.
Regards
David

Evan Platt

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times out
>on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
>If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync. all'
>then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
>I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop and
>I can't see any differences.
>Regards
>David

What operating system?

What version of Outhouse?

What is the error message?

David

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times
>>out
>>on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
>>If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync.
>>all'
>>then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
>>I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop
>>and
>>I can't see any differences.
>>Regards
>>David

> What operating system?
>
> What version of Outhouse?
>
> What is the error message?

Current Windows XP
Regards
David

old man

Express I would think since OL has no newsreader capability

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
> >I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times

out
> >on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
> >If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync.

all'
> >then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
> >I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop

and
> >I can't see any differences.
> >Regards
> >David

> What operating system?
>
> What version of Outhouse?
>
> What is the error message?

David

"old man" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bYQoh.14016$(E-Mail Removed)...
> Express I would think since OL has no newsreader capability
>
> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
>> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:00:16 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>> >I have a strange situation with my new laptop if I 'Sync. all' it times

> out
>> >on connecting to to my ISP pop3 server.
>> >If I 'Sync.' Newsgroups' it downlods these. Following this if I 'Sync.

> all'
>> >then it downloads my e-mails followed by NGs.
>> >I've checked my programme settings/accounts with my working out Desktop

> and
>> >I can't see any differences.
>> >Regards
>> >David

>> What operating system?
>>
>> What version of Outhouse?
>>
>> What is the error message?

It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
V7.
Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop or
wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
sec.
Regards
David

Evan Platt

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:52:36 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>> What operating system?
>>
>> What version of Outhouse?
>>
>> What is the error message?

>Current Windows XP
>Regards
>David

Ok, that answered one of the questions. 1 down, 2 to go.

Evan Platt

On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
>V7.
>Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop or
>wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
>sec.

Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."

Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

David

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
>>V7.
>>Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop
>>or
>>wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
>>sec.

> Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."
>
> Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

OUTLOOK EXPRESS
Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
Accont No.2
Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"

--
Regards,
David

Please reply to News Group

Flying Rat

In article <9wRoh.14961$(E-Mail Removed)>,

> "Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> > On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 18:22:40 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> >
> >>It is Outlook Express, it will be the latest version, as with IE which is
> >>V7.
> >>Working now but something to the effect Not responding and should it stop
> >>or
> >>wait, this comes after the setting in options which is the default of 60
> >>sec.

> > Hmm.. "Something to the effect of..."
> >
> > Ok, once you get the EXACT wording, come back.

> OUTLOOK EXPRESS
> Your Pop3 server has not responded in 60secs.
> Would you like to wait another 60secs for the sever to respond?
> Accont No.2
> Server pop.tesco.net "Wait" "Stop"

well there's a start, the mail server is mail.tesco.net for both pop3
and smtp.

Change them then try again.

FR

Blinky the Shark

Evan Platt wrote:
> On Tue, 09 Jan 2007 17:52:36 GMT, "David" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>> What operating system?
>>>
>>> What version of Outhouse?
>>>
>>> What is the error message?

>>Current Windows XP
>>Regards
>>David

> Ok, that answered one of the questions. 1 down, 2 to go.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups