Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Media Player 11 will not play mpg/wmv files

Windows Media Player 11 will not play mpg/wmv files

joewo

So I installed ULead v 5.0 yesterday which may have something to do
with my issue.

My issue is that Windows Media Player 11 will not play mpg files or
wmv files.

I redownloaded wmp11 and reinstalled it but it still fails to play
these videos...I have downloaded the codec packages from microsoft and
rebooted and wmp11 still does not play wmv files nor mpg files.

I can play mpg video files with Windows Movie Maker and ITunes and
Winamp.
I can play wmv video files with Winamp.

I convert mpg movies in Movie Maker to WMV and play them in Winamp.

How can I coerce Windows Media Plkayer 11 to play those files?