Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Best way to send files over 350 MB (AVI Video)

Best way to send files over 350 MB (AVI Video)

Bhaiyyah

I forgot to take out DVD out of my laptop prior to departure and these
files are of AVI type Over 350 MB-128 Kbps Bit rate around 2 Hour Video
each.
Is there any method to send these files online to other user across the
continent?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Bhaiyyah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I forgot to take out DVD out of my laptop prior to departure and these
>files are of AVI type Over 350 MB-128 Kbps Bit rate around 2 Hour Video
>each.
>Is there any method to send these files online to other user across the
>continent?

Find this message or double click on the message ID.

Subject: how do i send a large file
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 06:05:17 GMT
--
http://jesuspan.com/

Mike Easter

> "Bhaiyyah"

>> Is there any method to send these files online to other user across
>> the continent?

> Find this message or double click on the message ID.
>
> Subject: how do i send a large file
> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 06:05:17 GMT

GG thread
http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...e2f5285db19d3b
or http://snipurl.com/16xcg

The thread sez CD burn and postal mail it, chop it up and email it, http
filetransfer site yousendit x4, megaupload, ihud, pando, FTP, or chop it
and binary nntp group.

--
Mike Easter

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

"Mike Easter" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> "Bhaiyyah"

>>> Is there any method to send these files online to other user across
>>> the continent?

>> Find this message or double click on the message ID.
>>
>> Subject: how do i send a large file
>> Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2007 06:05:17 GMT

>GG thread
>http://groups.google.com/group/24hou...e2f5285db19d3b
>or http://snipurl.com/16xcg
>
>The thread sez CD burn and postal mail it, chop it up and email it, http
>filetransfer site yousendit x4, megaupload, ihud, pando, FTP, or chop it
>and binary nntp group.

Thanks, Didn't know they were a googler, I don't normally see or read
the headers.

--
http://jesuspan.com/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

(E-Mail Removed) wrote:

> Thanks, Didn't know they were a googler, I don't normally see or read
> the headers.

Does your Forte Agent have the ability to color the subject lines in the
threads pane? In 40tude Dialog, I have this in "Scoring and Actions":

!setcolor(default;$c0ffc0) Message-ID "googlegroups"

...and GG posts show up with a green background.

--
-bts

Tester

On 8 Jan 2007 11:16:43 -0800, "Bhaiyyah" <(E-Mail Removed)>
wrote:

>I forgot to take out DVD out of my laptop prior to departure and these
>files are of AVI type Over 350 MB-128 Kbps Bit rate around 2 Hour Video
>each.
>Is there any method to send these files online to other user across the
>continent?

I think that if you use email, one trouble will be that the files will
be uuencoded or base 64 encoded and this may just about double the
size. Another trouble will be that files that big may not be allowed
in many boxes..

I gather that some AVI files are compressed and some aren't. The
compresssed ones cannot be played back unless you have the same codec
that was used to compress them. Various methods of compression make
various compromises between quality and file size - between not losing
any data at all and losing lots of data that "you won't notice
anyway".(e.g. all the various shades of blue in different parts of the
sky)

I would suggest finding someplace to upload the files such as
4shared.com then just sending URL's for downloading. Especially with
lots of recipients that will save bandwidth and bandwidth strikes me
as a big issue in your case. 4shared does NOT seem to allow you to
continue partial downloads or download in multiple streams.

Mike Easter

Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:

> !setcolor(default;$c0ffc0) Message-ID "googlegroups"
>
> ..and GG posts show up with a green background.

That's cute. Green is a nice choice of colors, too.

--
Mike Easter

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Mike Easter wrote:

> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> !setcolor(default;$c0ffc0) Message-ID "googlegroups"
>>
>> ..and GG posts show up with a green background.

> That's cute. Green is a nice choice of colors, too.

"Precisely," he said...

--
-bts

pcbutts1

http://www.yousendit.com

"Bhaiyyah" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
>I forgot to take out DVD out of my laptop prior to departure and these
> files are of AVI type Over 350 MB-128 Kbps Bit rate around 2 Hour Video
> each.
> Is there any method to send these files online to other user across the
> continent?

Blinky the Shark

Mike Easter wrote:
> Beauregard T. Shagnasty wrote:
>
>> !setcolor(default;$c0ffc0) Message-ID "googlegroups"
>>
>> ..and GG posts show up with a green background.

> That's cute. Green is a nice choice of colors, too.

For this usage, "invisible" (along with the foreground) is superior.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups