Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Parental Filter and Time Limit Software?

Parental Filter and Time Limit Software?

Heidi Manway

Hi,

I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
and I want to block these websites,
also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
other Personal Reasons,

Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
Filter Software?
there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
Product.

Heidi

Mr. Arnold

Heidi Manway wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
> and I want to block these websites,
> also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
> other Personal Reasons,
>
> Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
> Filter Software?
> there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
> Product.
>

> Heidi

It's like saying I have a drug problem. I want a key to lock-up the
drugs. But I'll keep the key. It won't work.

Clangnuts

Mr. Arnold wrote:
> Heidi Manway wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
> > and I want to block these websites,
> > also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
> > other Personal Reasons,
> >
> > Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
> > Filter Software?
> > there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
> > Product.
> >

> > Heidi
> >

> It's like saying I have a drug problem. I want a key to lock-up the
> drugs. But I'll keep the key. It won't work.

Get a very limited, lite user internet connection. Something like 1GB
download limit, and no option to purchase additional GB.

That way, even if you're tempted - you'll use up your limit, and will
have to wait for the new month to continue.

Or even go with one of the free broadband suppliers - reliability has
been so dire of late, that you'll not be able to go on-line most days
of the month. Orange and CarphoneWarehouse have been particularly bad
of late.

Clangnuts
www.clangnuts.com

Mr. Arnold

Clangnuts wrote:
> Mr. Arnold wrote:
>
>>Heidi Manway wrote:
>>
>>>Hi,
>>>
>>>I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
>>>and I want to block these websites,
>>>also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
>>>other Personal Reasons,
>>>
>>>Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
>>>Filter Software?
>>>there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
>>>Product.
>>>

>>>Heidi
>>>

>>It's like saying I have a drug problem. I want a key to lock-up the
>>drugs. But I'll keep the key. It won't work.

> Get a very limited, lite user internet connection. Something like 1GB
> download limit, and no option to purchase additional GB.
>
> That way, even if you're tempted - you'll use up your limit, and will
> have to wait for the new month to continue.
>
> Or even go with one of the free broadband suppliers - reliability has
> been so dire of late, that you'll not be able to go on-line most days
> of the month. Orange and CarphoneWarehouse have been particularly bad
> of late.
>
> Clangnuts
> www.clangnuts.com

Do you think that this is going to stop someone with an addiction? The
person needs professional help and advise. No software program, none, is
going to stop this person's addiction to the Internet and spending
money. It's a mental thing.

Yeah, the person needs a program, like a counseling program. The person
needs professional help for this and not some computer program.

"Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
> and I want to block these websites,
> also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
> other Personal Reasons,
>
> Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
> Filter Software?
> there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
> Product.

There are 2 I can recommend.

1. The on/off switch.
2. Self control.

They both work extremely well.

Heidi Manway

1932 wrote:
> "Heidi Manway" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news:(E-Mail Removed) oups.com...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
> > and I want to block these websites,
> > also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
> > other Personal Reasons,
> >
> > Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
> > Filter Software?
> > there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
> > Product.
> >

> There are 2 I can recommend.
>
> 1. The on/off switch.
> 2. Self control.
>
> They both work extremely well.

Yes True lol
BUT everyone differs there was sofeware called Software called
"Eyesafe" developed in South Africa its no longer available it was
around 1999
cost only 10Usdollars highly effective

Heidi

Frosty

On 7 Jan 2007 16:41:59 -0800 in 24hoursupport.helpdesk "Heidi Manway"
<(E-Mail Removed)>, cocked her hammer and shot:
>Hi,
>
>I notice that I been tempted to spend a lot of money on Ebay and QVC
>and I want to block these websites,
>also I want to cut down on my online time yep New Years Resolution and
>other Personal Reasons,
>
>Is there anyone that can make recommendations on PC Parental Control
>Filter Software?
>there are lots on the market its hard to ascertain which is a Quality
>Product.
>

>Heidi

Get a large hammer.
Whenever you get too close to your computer, hit yourself really hard
in the forehead.
Soon you'll forget how to use the hammer.