Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computer Certification > MCSE > OT symantec AV GP deployement

OT symantec AV GP deployement

Rick

Anyone been able to make this work. I used the Symantec packager to create a
MSI but can not get 2000 server to recognize it and allow be to add it to
the assigned packages.

TFTH

Rick

Consultant

you have the msi installer on your server?

news:%(E-Mail Removed)...
> Anyone been able to make this work. I used the Symantec packager to create

> MSI but can not get 2000 server to recognize it and allow be to add it to
> the assigned packages.
>
> TFTH
>
> Rick

Rick

Yes I used the Symantec packager to create the MSI and then moved it to a
publicly accessible distribution point on the server. When I try to assign
it to a test OU it fails and says to check the validity of the MSI. There
was another post in either the AD or MSI newsgroup saying that Symantec does
not support distribution using GP but I can not understand why that would
be.

Rick

Sean

Rick,
I'm assuming this is Symantec 8.x? All versions prior to
8.x supported GPO installation. For some reason Symantec
thought that it would be a good idea to no longer support
this feature. I know they're receiving a lot of negative
feedback because of this.

I ended up using the Symantec Packager on our NAV server
to push out the new version to our clients. It worked
very well.

Rick

Yes we are now on version 8 and all I can say is that is stupid on Symantecs
part. I may have to look into other AV software which is GP deployable. I
just dont think the overhead of having to deploy SAVCE using symantec tools
is worth the time.

Anyone know if something like Installshield admin studio could be used to
make a valid MSI for distrubution.

Rick

ASP.NET Application using Virtual path provider Deployement Problem on IIS windows Server 2003 Ibrahim ASP .Net 1 04-14-2007 05:19 AM
problem deployement ASP.NET2 Application used Virtual path provid =?Utf-8?B?SWJyYWhpbQ==?= ASP .Net 1 03-21-2007 06:04 AM
Adding custom application installable as the pre-requisite in VS2005 deployement project Ashwin ASP .Net 0 01-15-2007 01:03 PM
Deployement Prince ASP .Net 3 12-14-2003 04:47 PM
python applications deployement Rodrigo Benenson Python 6 10-14-2003 11:01 AM

Advertisments