Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > newsgroup archives

newsgroup archives

Lookout

Agent 4.0
I talked to Supernews and I'm looking for old archives for a group
that on their server only goes back 6 months. Is there some other
source for olderTEXT posts (in a binary group) available somewhere?
Thanks

pcbutts1

Google Groups

"Lookout" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> Agent 4.0
> I talked to Supernews and I'm looking for old archives for a group
> that on their server only goes back 6 months. Is there some other
> source for olderTEXT posts (in a binary group) available somewhere?
> Thanks

Mike Easter

Lookout wrote:
> Agent 4.0
> I talked to Supernews and I'm looking for old archives for a group
> that on their server only goes back 6 months. Is there some other
> source for olderTEXT posts (in a binary group) available somewhere?

My first guess would be that you are totally outaluck.

Supernews keeps things about as long as anyone, and no one is going to
keep the text posts to a binary group any longer than they keep the
binary posts to the group.

There are newsservers which keep *ONLY* the text posts to binary groups,
such as readfreenews, but they don't keep even text posts for 6 months.

That seems like a strange and unimportant thing that you want to find.
Why don't you just forget about it?

--
Mike Easter

Leythos

In article <(E-Mail Removed)>, pcbutts1
@leythosthestalker.com says...
> Newsgroup Trolls. Read about mine here http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads
> The list grows. Leythos the stalker http://www.leythosthestalker.com, David
> H. Lipman, Max M Wachtell III aka What's in a Name?, Fitz,
> Rhonda Lea Kirk, Meat Plow, F Kwatu F, George Orwell

Stop inviting responses via your sig and I'll stop posting the
following:

*** WARNING - these links contain foul/pornographic content of an
website ***

From: pcbutts1
Date: Sat, Jul 15 2006 10:14 pm
Email: "pcbutts1" <(E-Mail Removed)>
Groups: 24hoursupport.helpdesk

You mean these websites?
http://www.pcbutts1.com/rlk/rlk.htm
http://www.pcbutts1.com/license.htm
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/max.htm

Wait until you see my new one featuring the one and only Fake MVP Noel
Paton. I will probably add it to this one
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/mpv.htm

Lets not forget this one put up after the MVPs thought they were special
and emailed them. They even analyzed the email thinking it was fake.
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/wtcpcb.htm .

All four of the trolls went crazy with complaints with this one
especially the Stalker Leythos http://www.pcbutts1.com/cracks.htm lets
not forget this one http://www.pcbutts1.com/Loutheasshole.htm .

- -
The best live web video on the internet
http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm

remove 999 in order to email me

Whiskers

On 2007-01-04, Lookout <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
> Agent 4.0
> I talked to Supernews and I'm looking for old archives for a group
> that on their server only goes back 6 months. Is there some other
> source for olderTEXT posts (in a binary group) available somewhere?
> Thanks

Probably not, for a binary group. You could try asking in the group
concerned. Google Groups is an archive going back about 20 years, for the
text-only newsgroups they carry.

--
-- ^^^^^^^^^^
-- Whiskers

Max Wachtel

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Google Groups

And here you will find what some folks think about pcbutts1

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...-the-plot.aspx

http://msmvps.com/blogs/spywaresucks...10/272921.aspx

http://forums.security-central.us/sh...ad.php?p=10097

http://www.atribune.org/Blog/?p=16

http://blog.subratam.org/?p=17

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/secu...n-in-the-butt/

http://www.besttechie.net/2006/09/07...s1-back-at-it/

http://temerc.blogspot.com/2006/09/p...are-theif.html

max

--
Playing Nice on Usenet:
My Pages:

Blinky the Shark

pcbutts1 wrote:
> Google Groups

They don't archive binary groups.

--
Blinky RLU 297263
Killing all posts from Google Groups

How to properly recursively navigate into archives stored in archives David Karr Perl Misc 2 06-01-2012 05:54 PM
archives for this group Michael Roberts Cisco 1 06-09-2004 04:26 AM
JFileChooser and archives Ike Java 1 01-10-2004 09:05 AM
archives anywhere for this newsgroup? will eichert ASP .Net Security 2 11-20-2003 01:06 AM

Advertisments