Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Fridge....

Fridge....

Pancho

I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
Thanks for any replies.

Flying Rat

In article <x_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)>,
> I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
> storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
> as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
> Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
> Thanks for any replies.

we used to have one in the garage. The only problem we had with it was
corrosion due to being in an unheated area.

FR

old man

will work fine

"Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
> storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into

problems,
> as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at

times.
> Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
> Thanks for any replies.

beenthere

"Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
> Thanks for any replies.

What FR says in his response is true.
The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
create corrosion.
Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

bw..OJ

Steve Wolstenholme

On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 18:55:25 GMT, "Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
>Thanks for any replies.

The ones in the shed where I used to live in NW UK were OK for about
twenty years. I can't remember which make they were.

http://www.easynn.com

Blinky the Shark

beenthere wrote:

> "Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
> news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
>>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into problems,
>>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at times.
>>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
>> Thanks for any replies.

> What FR says in his response is true.
> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
> create corrosion.
> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

Isn't it always winter in the UK?

--
Blinky T. "sunny southern Californian" Shark

user

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> beenthere wrote:
>>
>> "Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
>>>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into
>>>problems,
>>>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at
>>>times.
>>>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
>>> Thanks for any replies.

>> What FR says in his response is true.
>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
>> create corrosion.
>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

Keep on taking the earth quake pills, numbnuts!

beenthere

news:(E-Mail Removed) ...
> beenthere wrote:
>>
>> "Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>>I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as extra
>>>storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run into
>>>problems,
>>>as I was worried about the very low temperatures that could occur at
>>>times.
>>>Would a standard unit operate at such temperatures? I am in UK.
>>> Thanks for any replies.

>> What FR says in his response is true.
>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
>> create corrosion.
>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

This last summer was SO hot I nearly went for a swim,
and then I thought........he might be over this way <g>.

bw..OJ

clot

Blinky the Shark wrote:
> beenthere wrote:
>>
>> "Pancho" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
>> news_Smh.23383$(E-Mail Removed)...
>>> I am thinking of installing a fridge/freezer in my garden shed as
>>> extra storage space, does anybody know if I would be likely to run
>>> into problems, as I was worried about the very low temperatures
>>> that could occur at times. Would a standard unit operate at such
>>> temperatures? I am in UK.
>>> Thanks for any replies.

>> What FR says in his response is true.
>> The heat exchanger behind/under the unit, creates heat.
>> This, when it cools, draws moisture, which, in time, will
>> create corrosion.
>> Don`t forget sheds get damp, especially in winter.

> Isn't it always winter in the UK?

On Christmas Day 'twas hotter in parts than in parts of Oz - their
summer!

Tony

Storage for what? You poms drink your beer warm from what understand. And
the whole of the UK is a big fridge anyway....