Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Windows Auto-Logon doesnt keep settings

Windows Auto-Logon doesnt keep settings

Alan

I recently rebuilt my computer w/XP Pro and installed TweakUI and use
"Log on Automatically at system startup" to go right to my desktop like
I did on my old install. but this time, after 1 or 2 reboots, it loses
the setting and I have to click on my name on the welcome screen. I go
back into tweakUI, it remembers my name, but I have to put a check mark
back in.

Any thoughts asto why is not retaining this setting? Actually - I just
noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't care
about that)

-Alan

Senti

Alan wrote:
> I recently rebuilt my computer w/XP Pro and installed TweakUI and use
> "Log on Automatically at system startup" to go right to my desktop like
> I did on my old install. but this time, after 1 or 2 reboots, it loses
> the setting and I have to click on my name on the welcome screen. I go
> back into tweakUI, it remembers my name, but I have to put a check mark
> back in.
>
> Any thoughts asto why is not retaining this setting? Actually - I just
> noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't care
> about that)
>
> -Alan

Don't use TweakUI to change settings that you have access to.

Start menu > Run > type "control userpasswords2" > click OK.

In the User Accounts window that opens, remove the checkmark beside
"Users must enter a user name or password to use this computer." Click
Apply. Now you'll be asked the username and password of the account
youwant to automatically log in as. Enter the info, click Apply, and
restart to see it in action.

salina_gal88@yahoo.com

Looking for a Real Work At Home Job?
Get paid For Completed Work..
No More relying on commissions
Would you like to earn money from home for completing various clerical
based projects and assignments from home?
You are not required to sell, or recruit but are simply paid to type
ads and other media!
You can also response to this message.
Fillup the below information for further Information.
Name :
E-mail Address :
Phone no:

Call : 2390177 / 9841206820
Check it out for more information
http://www.max-online.biz/idevaffili...ate.php?id=749

Alan

Senti wrote:
> Alan wrote:
>> I recently rebuilt my computer w/XP Pro and installed TweakUI and use
>> "Log on Automatically at system startup" to go right to my desktop
>> like I did on my old install. but this time, after 1 or 2 reboots, it
>> loses the setting and I have to click on my name on the welcome
>> screen. I go back into tweakUI, it remembers my name, but I have to
>> put a check mark back in.
>>
>> Any thoughts asto why is not retaining this setting? Actually - I
>> just noticed that it lost the Logon Wallpaper setting too (but I don't
>> care about that)
>>
>> -Alan

> Don't use TweakUI to change settings that you have access to.
>
> Start menu > Run > type "control userpasswords2" > click OK.
>
> In the User Accounts window that opens, remove the checkmark beside
> "Users must enter a user name or password to use this computer." Click
> Apply. Now you'll be asked the username and password of the account
> youwant to automatically log in as. Enter the info, click Apply, and
> restart to see it in action.

Hey thanks - Its been working for a few days now.