Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Can't send or receive e-mail

Can't send or receive e-mail

Bob Bradley

I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
e-mail. http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/(E-Mail Removed)

Why???????????

Evan Platt

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 11:10:44 -0600, "Bob Bradley"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
>e-mail. (E-Mail Removed)
>
>Why???????????

I don't know.

Perhaps the error message you get would give a clue.

dfrog

"Bob Bradley" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:458eb495$0$2232$(E-Mail Removed)...
> I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or
> receive e-mail. (E-Mail Removed)
>
> Why???????????

Sorry to hear of your problem Rob, but you've managed to post your email to
a newsgroup rather than "Road Runner", which means its open to everyone in
the world to read, but not many will be able to help

Unfortunately you also posted your email address, so when you do get to
receive mail, there's a chance you may get more than you bargained for.

Try going to RoadRunner home page, look for "support" and follow that
through to find the help you need

Hope this helps

dfrog

Tester

<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I've reported this through my wife's email account. I can't send or receive
>e-mail. (E-Mail Removed)
>
>Why???????????

Well, you haven't really provided enough info but FWIW I was able to
connect to the server where you receive mail.
(pop-server.elmore.rr.com, port 110)

Of course, you need a name and password to login on that server and
while I do know the name of one customer (yours) I don't have (or
want) your password.

I tried to connect to one of the mail servers where mail comes into
you but Road Runner told me that it doesn't accept mail directly from
personal IP's like mine. ("Direct to MX" is frequently associated with
spammers.)