Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > virous like dog

virous like dog

suad

helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

Mike Easter

suad wrote:
> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

Your OS is Win. An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something. If
you R click the shortcut icon on your desktop, the Properties selection
will tell you the application for the shortcut.

That being said, you/we also have to deal with your ability to interpret
information you find/see and your potential for insecurity related
problems.

Besides having a 'dog' icon on your desktop I presume, we/you also have
the condition of using an insecure browser configured insecurely with
the underlying insecure operating system in the hands of a user behaving
insecurely.

Where shall we start to engage a more secure set of decisions?

--
Mike Easter

suad

how can i remove it. every time i open my pc and open internet, i find
it in temprory internet file. it have a different name each time i log
to net. what u mention about shorutcut, it is not a shorcut for any
programe. thank

suad

how can i remove it. every time i open my pc and open internet, i find
it in temprory internet file. it have a different name each time i log
to net. what u mention about shorutcut, it is not a shorcut for any
programe. thank

SJP

What antivirus software are you have running on the PC already.
Where is this "icon"?
Does it look anything like http://www.winpatrol.com/download.html
Try downloading the free version of SuperAntiSpyware from
http://www.superantispyware.com/supe...freevspro.html (click on
free blue button)

"suad" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:(E-Mail Removed) ups.com...
> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

ellis_jay

suad wrote:
> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

The only icon I am aware of is the one that is default and pops up when AVG
free finds a virus. The icon is just a warning and is not the virus.
Perhaps that is what you have seen. Look in your vault, it may be there or
may not. If you use AVG then run your scanner. Use additional protection.
Try an online scanner such as Housecall or Bitdefender or Asquared on line.

Google for the links.

___Sador the carpenter to Turin
Tolkien, The Unfinished Tales

Ellis_Jay

ellis_jay

Mike Easter wrote:
> suad wrote:
>> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

> Your OS is Win. An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something.
> If you R click the shortcut icon on your desktop, the Properties
> selection will tell you the application for the shortcut.
>
> That being said, you/we also have to deal with your ability to
> interpret information you find/see and your potential for insecurity
> related problems.
>
> Besides having a 'dog' icon on your desktop I presume, we/you also
> have the condition of using an insecure browser configured insecurely
> with the underlying insecure operating system in the hands of a user
> behaving insecurely.
>
> Where shall we start to engage a more secure set of decisions?

Mike, did I miss a part of this thread? I did not read where the OP said
it was on his desktop as in a manner of other icons and normal. As I told
the OP in another offering, Avg from Grisoft sometimes will have an icon
looking like a mean-ass bulldog or something warning of a virus. But the
icon itself is not a virus. If that is what is popping up it will not
remain on the desktop for long.

ellis_jay wrote:
> Mike Easter wrote:
>> suad wrote:
>>> helo, I found a virous in my pc. it's icon is like a dog. help me.

>> An icon on your desktop is a shortcut to something.

> Mike, did I miss a part of this thread? I did not read where the OP
> said it was on his desktop as in a manner of other icons and normal.

My tho'ts were in the channel that the OP didn't know what s/he was
talking about and that s/he had a dog icon on hir desktop, etiology
unknown - not necessarily virus related.

> As I told the OP in another offering, Avg from Grisoft sometimes
> will have an icon looking like a mean-ass bulldog or something
> warning of a virus. But the icon itself is not a virus. If that is
> what is popping up it will not remain on the desktop for long.

Methinks you are giving the OP more AV credit [AVG related] than I did.

When I read what a googlegrouper posts, I automatically set my
decryption feelers to 'poster doesn't know anything about what s/he is
saying.'

--
Mike Easter