Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard

Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard

sharonf

I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
Is there something else that I have to do?

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
>There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
>what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
>though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
>I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
>happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
>button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
>Is there something else that I have to do?

Install the drivers - Download yours from ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/

--
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ohsnap.gif

Bucky Breeder

sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:458cbbd7$0$25995$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com:

> I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
> There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
> what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
> though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
> I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
> happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
> button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
> Is there something else that I have to do?

Sounds like it could be the drivers to the keyboard. Here is a link where
you can locate and download the proper software for your keyboard:

http://support.dell.com/support/down...en&s=dhs&cs=19

He was a cowboy and he loved the land! He loved it
so much that he made a woman out of dirt and then
married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated.

Later, at the funeral, the preacher said "Dust to dust,"
and some people laughed. So the cowboy shot them all.

At his hanging, for "murder", he told the survivors, "I'll
be waiting for *you* up in Heaven -- with my trusty angel guns!"

sharonf

> sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>> I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
>> There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
>> what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
>> though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
>> I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
>> happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
>> button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
>> Is there something else that I have to do?

> Install the drivers - Download yours from ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/

Thanks for that but I don't know which one is the driver for my
keyboard. Absolutely no documentation came with it.

sharonf

Bucky Breeder wrote:
> sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> news:458cbbd7$0$25995$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com:
>
>> I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
>> There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
>> what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
>> though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
>> I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
>> happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
>> button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
>> Is there something else that I have to do?

> Sounds like it could be the drivers to the keyboard. Here is a link where
> you can locate and download the proper software for your keyboard:
>
> http://support.dell.com/support/down...en&s=dhs&cs=19
>

> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.

Thanks. That got me a little farther but my keyboard isn't listed. I
guess that I'll have to try to contact Dell support.

Merry Christmas!

Bucky Breeder

sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
news:458d84e2$0$25988$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com:

> Bucky Breeder wrote:
>> sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
>> news:458cbbd7$0$25995$(E-Mail Removed)-secrets.com:
>>
>>> I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
>>> There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
>>> what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
>>> though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player.
>>> However I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work.
>>> Nothing happens when I press the play button to start music to play.
>>> The stop button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust
>>> the sound. Is there something else that I have to do?

>> Sounds like it could be the drivers to the keyboard. Here is a link
>> where you can locate and download the proper software for your
>> keyboard:
>>
>> http://support.dell.com/support/down...l=en&s=dhs&cs=
>> 19
>>

>> Best wishes to all for a safe and joyous holiday season.
>>

> Thanks. That got me a little farther but my keyboard isn't listed. I
> guess that I'll have to try to contact Dell support.
>
> Merry Christmas!

Dell support should know which drivers, of course. One other thing you
might be able to check out would be in your Control Panel to see if you
have any interface tab (looks like a keyboard icon) that is specific to
your Dell Multimedia KB.

He was a cowboy and he loved the land! He loved it
so much that he made a woman out of dirt and then
married her. But when he kissed her, she disintegrated.

Later, at the funeral, the preacher said "Dust to dust,"
and some people laughed. So the cowboy shot them all.

At his hanging, for "murder", he told the survivors, "I'll
be waiting for *you* up in Heaven -- with my trusty angel guns!"

Pennywise@DerryMaine.Gov

sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>(E-Mail Removed) wrote:
>> sharonf <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> I got a Dell USB Enhanced Multimedia Keyboard with my new computer.
>>> There were no instructions with it, but I think I have it figured out
>>> what all the keys do. I am having a problem with the sound controls
>>> though. When I click the music button it brings up Media Player. However
>>> I can't get any of the other multimedia buttons to work. Nothing
>>> happens when I press the play button to start music to play. The stop
>>> button also doesn't seem to work nor does the knob to adjust the sound.
>>> Is there something else that I have to do?

>> Install the drivers - Download yours from ftp://ftp.dell.com/input/

>Thanks for that but I don't know which one is the driver for my
>keyboard. Absolutely no documentation came with it.

Look on the bottom of the keyboard, there will be a sitcker that has
the model number, download that number.
--
http://nynerd.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/12/ohsnap.gif

Lookout