Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > No Google homepage in Firefox

No Google homepage in Firefox

Mad Dog anti EU

It keeps saying server not found and when I click on the "house" icon to
return home it say's again server not found. I can still search the web by
using the small Google box on the toolbar,

I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have anything to do with it ?

Can you help please.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD
www.ukip.org/

NewFox

can you try adding this url as your homepage?

http://en-US.start.mozilla.com/firef...n-US:-official

It should work..

or you can always add www.google.com as your homepage

To change your hompage browse to the page you want, then go to Tools>Options
and then press USE CURRENT PAGE

-K

"Mad Dog anti EU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:bpBih.20119$(E-Mail Removed)...
> It keeps saying server not found and when I click on the "house" icon to
> return home it say's again server not found. I can still search the web
> by using the small Google box on the toolbar,
>
> I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have anything to do with it ?
>
> Can you help please.
>
> --
> "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
> months".
>
> MD
> www.ukip.org/

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Mad Dog anti EU wrote:

> It keeps saying server not found and when I click on the "house" icon
> to return home it say's again server not found. I can still search
> the web by using the small Google box on the toolbar,

So, what is your home page?
Tools > Options > General

> I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have anything to do with
> it ?

And it worked before you upgraded? Hmm ... [activates 'logic' section
of brain ...] quite possibly!

> Can you help please.

I'm doing my very best...

--
-bts

Mad Dog anti EU

"Mad Dog anti EU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
message news:bpBih.20119$(E-Mail Removed)
| | It keeps saying server not found and when I click on
| | the "house" icon to return home it say's again server
| | not found. I can still search the web by using the
| | small Google box on the toolbar,
| |
| | I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have
| | anything to do with it ?
| |
| | Can you help please.
| |
| | --
| | "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had
| | a winner in six months".
| |
| | MD
| | www.ukip.org/

Many thanks for thr reply's, I did a system restore which seems to have
worked.

--
"A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
months".

MD
www.ukip.org/

NewFox

Hello...
Well that does work.. but its a bit of an overkill... unless something was
corrupt and could not be fixed normally...

anyway.. since you fixed it... thats what counts....

"Mad Dog anti EU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:WYEih.21951$(E-Mail Removed)...
> "Mad Dog anti EU" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in
> message news:bpBih.20119$(E-Mail Removed)
> | | It keeps saying server not found and when I click on
> | | the "house" icon to return home it say's again server
> | | not found. I can still search the web by using the
> | | small Google box on the toolbar,
> | |
> | | I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have
> | | anything to do with it ?
> | |
> | | Can you help please.
> | |
> | | --
> | | "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had
> | | a winner in six months".
> | |
> | | MD
> | | www.ukip.org/
>
> Many thanks for thr reply's, I did a system restore which seems to have
> worked.
>
> --
> "A horse a horse my kingdom for a horse, I haven't had a winner in six
> months".
>
> MD
> www.ukip.org/

Hugh

Mad Dog anti EU wrote:

> It keeps saying server not found and when I click on the "house" icon to
> return home it say's again server not found. I can still search the web
> by using the small Google box on the toolbar,
>
> I updated Firefox earlier today, would this have anything to do with it ?
>
> Can you help please.

Something was wrong at Google yesterday. Both Firefox on my computer and
EI7 on my wifes computer gave the same result. So it wasnt your system
it returned to work in about 30 min. my time EST