Velocity Reviews > Newsgroups > Computing > Computer Support > OE Not enough memory

OE Not enough memory

Yaz

I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or a
hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
the reson for this?

Yaz

Evan Platt

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:17:37 GMT, "Yaz"
<(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:

>I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or a
>hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
>the reson for this?

Not enough memory is my guess.

What operating system, and how much memory do you have?

NewFox

take a look at these threads .. its been discussed many times as it seems
http://tinyurl.com/yn5e8h

news:(E-Mail Removed)...
> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 12:17:37 GMT, "Yaz"
> <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote:
>
>>I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or
>>hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
>>the reson for this?

> Not enough memory is my guess.
>
> What operating system, and how much memory do you have?

Mellowed

I had a problem last October and unfortunately I don't remember the
details. However, I posted the problem on Microsoft.public.outlook and
the solution was forthcoming.

If I recall correctly the fix was: (I'm using Win ME and the
directories could differ with your OS)
Close Outlook
1. Go to the Outlook directory, in my case, c:\windows\application
data\Microsoft\outlook (it is the same directory as outlook.pst)
2. Rename extend.dat to extend.old
3. Restart Outlook

The worse case situation is that you might have to rename extend.old
back to extend.dat
Or
Go to the outlook newsgroup

"Yaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BXuih.23034$(E-Mail Removed)...
: I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message
or a
: hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone
tell me
: the reson for this?
:
: Yaz
:
:

Evan Platt

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006 19:18:40 +0200, "NewFox" <-> wrote:

>take a look at these threads .. its been discussed many times as it seems
>http://tinyurl.com/yn5e8h

And the reason you're telling that to me?

amazed

"Yaz" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote in message
news:BXuih.23034$(E-Mail Removed)...
>I am getting problems with OE 6.002900. When trying to open a message or a
>hyperlink it tells me that there is not enough memory. Can anyone tell me
>the reson for this?
>
> Yaz

The link is to the MS knowledge database.

http://support.microsoft.com/search/...alse&x=13&y=14

Or this shorter link:
http://tinyurl.com/y6mjf5

In section: "For", type after comma the *exact* error message you receive.
Then click the search button.
You can perfrom the search again for additional database entries,
by changing the search criteria in drop down from "All products"
To: "Outlook Express 6.0" Or to the operating system you're using.

Yaz

"Evan Platt" <evan@*******************************> wrote >
> What operating system, and how much memory do you have?

Win XP, System Memory 512Mb

Yaz

Yaz

"amazed" <(E-Mail Removed)> wrote > >
> In section: "For", type after comma the *exact* error message you receive.
> Then click the search button.
> You can perfrom the search again for additional database entries,
> by changing the search criteria in drop down from "All products"
> To: "Outlook Express 6.0" Or to the operating system you're using.

I think the best thing to do for me is to begin using MS Outlook 2000. I
have for sometime wanting to use the Calendar/Task functions in Outlook.
This I can use in conjuction with my blacberry phone too. Any advice before
I migrate.

Any advice before migrating? I would like to transfer all my messages as
well as email accounts.

Yaz

AnonyMouse

Mellowed wrote:
> I had a problem last October and unfortunately I don't remember the
> details. However, I posted the problem on Microsoft.public.outlook and
> the solution was forthcoming.
>
> If I recall correctly the fix was: (I'm using Win ME and the
> directories could differ with your OS)
> Close Outlook
> 1. Go to the Outlook directory, in my case, c:\windows\application
> data\Microsoft\outlook (it is the same directory as outlook.pst)
> 2. Rename extend.dat to extend.old
> 3. Restart Outlook
>
> The worse case situation is that you might have to rename extend.old
> back to extend.dat
> Or
> Go to the outlook newsgroup

<snip>
That may work for OUTLOOK, but it won't work for OUTLOOK EXPRESS.
Outlook Express uses a completely different mail/settings storage system
than Outlook Express.